I stayed 4 nights at this place. I didn't use the pool so can't comment on that but it was disappointing that the spa pools were closed. The room was clean and functional and I thought it was good value for the price. I would have left this place happy but for two things.
1) At check out there was nothing more than a transaction to pay for the room. No asking "how was your stay?", "Did you enjoy your time in Rotorua, etc?" Just simple customer service that was missing.
2) I realised 4 days later that I had left an two expensive jackets in the wardrobe (one down jacket, one heavy wool, a total over $600). I called and found that they had been placed in their lost property, but I was frustrated that they hadn't called when they had all my contact details (I could have picked them up that day). When I went to pick it up several weeks later I asked what the policy was and they said they are required by law to hold items for three months. Now I don't expect that every little item left behind deserves a follow up phone call, but when items are clearly expensive I expect a customer focussed business to give me a call. If they had, I'd be using them again as they didn't they've lost my business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Need to revive and rejuvenate? Then select the SilverOaks Resort Heritage as your accommodation choice in Rotorua. The Resort is located in the heart of Rotorua with just a short walk to Te Puia, home of the World Famous Pohutu Geyser, and just 1km to the city centre.The Resort is perfect for both business or pleasure. The Resort has 41 rooms, including studio, one bedroom and two bedroom apartments, with a number offering a private spa pool or spa bath. The apartments offer a full kitchen lounge and dining area. Resort facilities include mini golf, tennis courts, heated swimming pool, spa complex, BBQ gazebo, breakfast room, guest lounge, conference rooms, internet cafe, wireless internet. The Resort in under new management and we are currently refurbishing the resort and adding additional services. We look forward to hosting our guests and welcome all feedback to assist us in providing a high quality product and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your SilverOaks Resort Heritage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silveroaks Resort Heritage Hotel Rotorua
- Quality Inn Rotorua
- Quality Hotel Heritage