“Don't stay here”

SilverOaks Resort Heritage
Ranked #90 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is our third stay at this motel and after this visit, it will be our last. The whole place needs lots of work, the rooms, the pool and even the tennis courts all need major work. Our unit had a leak outside the bathroom and by the look of the carpet it has been happening for some time but nothing has been done about it.

In our bedroom we even had cockroach's running around. The only new thing in the unit was the TV. The couches were both very old as I would say were the beds by the feel of them. We were here for three nights & we would have happily moved to another motel if we hadn't already paid over $500NZD for the room, plus as it was New Year's Day most of the other motels were already booked and as a family of four we needed to have two bedrooms which would have been almost impossible to find.

I would not recommend that you stay here until they have done some major renovations & brought this place into the 21st century.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms here.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Angela C
Greg W, General Manager at SilverOaks Resort Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear valued guest

Welcome back, it was our pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback plus selecting Silveroaks Resort Heritage during your recent trip to Rotorua

I am pleased to learn that you did notice the TV was new in your room may I take this opportunity to share with you that we the whole hotel is undergoing refurbishment as per hotel's scedule. I would like to bring it to your attention that all hotel rooms are cleaned and serviced daily by our friendly housekeeping team to ensure that we provide quality accomodation and hotel facilities to our valued guests like you.

May I take this opportunity to share with you that being in festive season the hotel has experienced very high occupancy and the room that you stayed in was occupied by guests every day. I have inspected the room that you stayed in and there was no sign of any coacroaches as mentioned by you.

I would like to kindly invite you to contact me directly at: heritage@silveroaks.co.nz, I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to work towards regaining confidence.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

This place needs a full upgrade. No wifi , no dvd player in rooms. Tennis court in disrepair. Sadly no stars from me. Looks like it was built in the early 80s and hasnt been touched since. Steer clear from this one

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Scott P
Greg W, Owner at SilverOaks Resort Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

We did experience a number of problems changing from ATV to DTV in relation to the televisions. We had though that we were properly prepared, but when the switch happened we found that we had not fully replaced the cables for the Hotel, thankfully this is running properly now.

We have been working on the upgrade of the Spa Complex, it has taken us 8 months to complete, as it has been an extensive job, but it is now complete and looks fantastic

We do hope that we can accommodate you again in the future

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This wold have to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed at!!! The Tv didn't work, kettle and most of the power points no good! The bathroom light was a safety hazard flickering on and off! We booked for four of us to stay through wot if and what a dreadful experience we have had! The owner John was so strange bluntly lying to us and charging full price!!! The place is falling apart the restront wasn't open and none of the 7 spas worked!!! Very very unhappy!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Greg W

Since your stay we have put a maintenance program in place to ensure all maintenanace is up to date

We appreciate your comments, and believe we have made a substantial improvement.

At this stage the restaurant is only open for breakfast and group functions

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

OMG.Wish I had read these bad reviews before staying there! I second EVERY BAD comment and wish to WARN everyone ! DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Worst place I have ever stayed!

Health and safety HAZARD!

SHOULD HAVE NO STARS.

Gym, is an old furniture storage room.

Tennis court, in Huge state of disrepair.

Pool, wouldn't swim in it. Hygiene risk.

Hot elements, in kitchen didn't work.

Lights out everywhere. Corroded in socket.

Sofa,  broken, wires in coming throughrough seat. So uncomfortable.

Place dirty, stained, mouldy and large cockroach running on floor.

Phone, did not work, faulty power socket, 1 Sky TV channel.

Had other guests asking me about my stay.  Their experiences were just as bad.

It's like FAWLTY TOWERS in real life!!

From front desk, right through the premises.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo W
Greg W, General Manager at SilverOaks Resort Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for selecting Silveroaks Resort Heritage during your recent trip to Rotorua.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us. In line with our commitment the team strives to deliver a high quality product to all our guests. I am pleased to share with you that the whole hotel is going through the upgrade and refurbishment, which includes the rooms, interior decorations, gym, new furnitures, new telephone system is in place plus total upgrading will be completed as per the hotels schedule, Several hotel rooms are now completed and looks great.

I would like to mention that due to the hotel's business demand all hotel rooms were occupied recently and high room occupancy was experienced in peak times. We have not heard any concerns from our hotel guests, many departing guests have enjoyed their stay with us and are already planning to come back in near future.

May I take this opportunity to kindly invite you to contact me directly at: heritage@silveroaks.co.nz, I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to work towards regaining your confidence.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We booked two rooms at this place and was so disgusted at the service

The rooms were so old and out dated

They were very dirty they say they have cleaners in other reviews but clearly there not doing there job because the cleanliness was terrible

There were light bulbs broken
The bathrooms were dirty

Live wires in the living area which is a health and safety concern

The bed rooms were untidy the bed linen was stained dirty and out dated

When we went to complain john the manager palmed us and other off to speak with Greg the general manager and conveniently he hasn't answered any of the calls
Not only were we complaining there were 4 others doing the same
John was not helpful at all and being a manager I was disgusted that he kept saying he can't help and there's nothing he can do

WHAT A JOKE

I would never recommend this place to anyone

If you stayed at a back packers it would be like staying in a 5 star compared to THIS S**T HOLE !!!

Don't waist ur money

• Stayed: December 2013
Greg W, General Manager at SilverOaks Resort Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear valued guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your feedback, it was our pleasure to have you as our guest in your recent trip to Rotorua. I am disappointed to learn that your stay with us did not meet your expectation.

May I kindly bring to your attention that the rooms allocated to you were occupied by the previous guests during this busy festive season, and I have not heard comments or concerns from other guests, infact the guests departed from the hotel in good gesture and they will be back for another stay with us.

I would like to take this opportunity to bring to your attention that the all hotel rooms are cleaned and serviced every day by our friendly housekeeping team. The whole hotel is undergoing renovation and refurbishment which will be completed as per our schedeule.

Please let me assure that we are committed to providing quality accomodation and service to our guests and as Silveroaks Resort Heriage team we will continously strive to deliver the service excellence.

We would look forward to welcoming you to witness the comfort and enjoyment in our newely renovated rooms in future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We recently stayed at the SilverOaks Resort by default - originally booked into the Gwendoline Court Motor Lodge, but were moved to the Silver Oaks due to overbooking. Although a little dated, this motel was clean and spacious, we were upgraded to a bigger apartment with no extra charge. The Manager John Chetty was extremely helpful and friendly. Lots to keep the kids occupied - fabulous heated swimming pool, mini golf and playground etc. Would definitely stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend to others :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Great to hear you had a great trip

Reviewed 7 December 2013

poor shape of the room, sticky surfaces, not fresh, not clean. Room we had was spacious with own jetted tub on private patio. Our first impression was poor, and we considered leaving w/o staying over. Sulfur smell that night around the area did not help at all. Low air pressure kept the sulfur smell pretty intense in the area of the motel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Greg W, General Manager at SilverOaks Resort Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest

Warm greetings from Silveroaks Resort Heritage

Thank you for choosing to stay wirth us and sharing your feedback. I am delighted to know of your appreciation towards our hotel's spacious room which had a private spa.

May I take this opportunity to share with you that we are proad of the shape of our hotel rooms as they are well appointed and all our guest rooms are freshly serviced every day by our friendly staff for the comfort of our guests.

I regret to learn of your concerns about the sulphur smell in the hotel, I would like to bring it to your attention that Rotorua is one of the sulphur city of New Zealand, and sulphur smell is expected in the area. I would like to remind you that the sulphur smell is mild in our hotel compared to the areas near the city and Rotorua lake.

Once again thank you for your feedback and you can contact me directly at: heritage@silveroaks.co.nz and I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to communicte with you.

Warm regards