Prince's Gate Hotel
  • Pool
US$191
US$159
  • Pool
Arista of Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$134
Holiday Inn Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$123
Agoda.com
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$106
Hotels.com
Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$114
US$558
US$471
Priceline
All reviewshistoric hotelgovernment gardensdesigner roomhot poolshigh teadinner showmain buildingrotorua museumsmall roompolynesian spanew zealandcentral locationeat streetcabaretsuiteyesteryearrudi
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We were pleasantly surprised with the accommodation we were offered as I had booked under Mayfair Apartments website. Well preserved colonial building dating back to 19th century, she offered guests a look into glorious history and charm of a bygone era. The service was impeccable and we dined in the fine dining restaurant deliberately over a couple of days because there was no better food or friendly service and it was right on the doorstep.
We would definitely recommend this hotel for her position and accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
PrincesGateHotel, Owner at Prince's Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2011

We greatly appreciate your comments and we are extremely pleased you had a first class stay with us. We pride ourselves on maintaining the Princes Gate Hotels old world charm and beauty while maintaining the high standards needed in the modern age within our rooms, restaurant and our service to our guests. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back here in the future. Yours sincerely, Brett Marvelly.

Reviewed 18 February 2011

I stayed at the Princes Gate with my mother for 2 days. It was very comfortable, with attentive staff and a great building in a great location. I particularly enjoyed having breakfast outside in the sunshine. Back in the UK, it was wintry grey February - what a contrast!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
PrincesGateHotel, Owner at Prince's Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2011

We really appreciate your positive comments and are glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. It always helps us to know that we are providing our guests with the kind of service we are striving for. Our breakfasts we serve here are wonderful and range from our tea/coffee & toast to our full continental. Having our outdoor seating on a beautiful day is a great way to start your day off too.

Reviewed 14 February 2011

Location excellent room nice and we had a lovely meal dinner and show couldn't fault at all, When we went to bed at night the bedroom was so hot, it was unberable. I sat outside until 2.00am just to keep cool once I did go to sleep the mossie decided it was dinner time. I would stay there again if aircon was availabe or a fan, Another couple who were at the same dinner show had to move rooms because it was so hot. When I pointed this out to reception in the morning was told we have problems with contractors trying to get them to put in air con Where told that this is common complaint .(People have moved out because it is to hot) Not a good look for New Zealand see will be right attidute ) We had breakfast which was very nice and I must take my hat off to them they were fantastic, Just have to sort out the aircon, being a hotel you would think that a fan would be in every room

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank-you for your feedback, we really appreciate knowing that you had a wonderful experience with us and do hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again. In response to your comments on our rooms being very hot, we are definitely taking steps to remedy this. We have got fans for all our rooms and are currently in the process of insulating our rooms to prevent the heat distribution causing the rooms to become so hot. This will be be completed very soon and will also help to keep the rooms warmer in the winter too.

Reviewed 22 January 2011

My actual stay was April, 2009. This is a beautiful little botique hotel that has charm, great service, great food, drinks and amenities. I would stay there again in a heartbeat were I to travel to New Zealand. I was only there two days, as I was on a tour, but next time I would definitely like to spend a week or more in this beautiful little community and in this charming Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
PrincesGateHotel, Owner at Prince's Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2011

We would like to thank-you for your feedback and are really please you had an enjoyable stay. We strive hard to please each and every guest and we are very happy when a guest lets us know that is exactly what we have acheived. We definitely look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Regards, Brett Marvelly (Owner)

Reviewed 16 January 2011

Arriving at the hotel on a rainy evening I was very impressed to have the manager greet me and accompany me to the car to collect my bag and carry it to my upstairs room. One rarely experiences such lovely service these days.I stayed two nights while attending a conference acros the road at the conference centre. The location was ideal, I loved the "old world" decor of this charming historic hotel and the warmth and friendliness of the staff. When we needed photocopies for the conference the staff were very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and I appreciated the comfortable bed.
The only thing I would have liked was free internet access for my computer. There was a small fee for this but good to have wi-fi in room. Would definitely stay again if visiting Rotorua

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Thank-you for your positive feedback. Our staff go out of their way for our guests and something like carrying a guests bags from their car to their room is all part of our expected standard of service. It is great that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could make your life easier and provide warmth and friendliness as we strive to do for all our guests. As for the internet, we do provide both wi-fi and broadband in all our Hotel rooms for a small fee in-line with many other Hotels around New Zealand. Regards, Brett Marvelly