“Best location for mountain biking”

Alpin Motel and Conference Centre
Ranked #37 of 91 Hotels in Rotorua
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Can't beat your own personal, private hot pool to sooth your sore body. Well appointed, even has a place to clean your bikes. Good value. Have stayed here twice. Will go back next time I ride in Rotorua.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Second stay here . Comfortable place with nice friendly feel to it. Nice gardens and pool area. Bike friendly and close to forest. Self contained units with kitchenette means you dont always need to eat out. Will be back again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have stayed here on a number of occasions. This time I was alone. These are comfortable warm clean units with everything you need for a great stay. Match this with large fillable outdoor spa for relaxation, and heated pool for laps. Barbecue available, and friendly obliging hosts. Why stay anywhere else?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This place just knocked me off my feet. Service was absolutely wonderful. Management are so hospitable. Room was very quiet, fully equipped and I thoroughly enjoyed my long hot soak in the spa. Got to fly to auckland the next day with the Managers and they let me park my car at the motel while I was in Sydney for the week. Previous motels and hotels in Rotorua havent allowed me to do this so due to this I will be staying at Alpin Motel regularly. Thankyou so much for your wonderful service see you again in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Got a great deal for a long weekend getaway. Front desk reception were helpful and friendly and the room was very clean and well provisioned. Was on my own but felt secure in the unit as it had plenty of locks and lighting. Only (very minor) issue was that the unit I was allocated was designed for wheelchair access so had a larger than normal bathroom which was very cold, even with heaters turned on. Also, being used to an enclosed shower box, having no curtain or doors meant that water went everywhere, wetting my toiletries, shower mat and towels. Second go in the shower was much better - knew to put my things well out of the way! Bed was very comfy and with the weather still being quite cold, the extra bedding was appreciated (electric blanket was supplied but didn't feel cold enough to use). All in all, I had a very pleasant stay at the Alpin and would definitely recommend it to others who are looking for reasonably priced, clean, comfortable, family-friendly accommodation in Rotorua.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side of the complex don't experience traffic noise, although the noise is mini...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Alpin is located on the outskirts of Rotorua - a good 30 minute walk or a short drive from the centre. It may feel a little isolated though this didn't bother us at all. The motel rooms form a square with the centre containing a communal area with pools. Our room had a lounge / kitchenette with two sofas which converted to single beds, a somewhat small bathroom, a master bedroom, and it's own enclosed terrace with thermally heated spa.

Furnishings were basic but clean, comfortable, and functional. The kitchen contained everything we needed and there was ample bedding etc. Perhaps the only complaint was a lack of heating which was provided by radiators and a portable fan heater. We found the radiator in our lounge area didn't work well at all, giving the room a cold feeling in the morning and with small children we were reluctant to use the fan heater for long periods.

Our children used the pool just once and found it a little cold despite the thermal claims. The spa on the other hand was excellent and very welcome after a long day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We had a choice of a number of similar motels, we got an online deal for the Alpin which was the deciding factor and we were really impressed.
The reception at the front desk was warm and friendly, albeit surprised at the deal we had online.. they hadn't had clear information from the company we brought these from.
We didn't realize we could get free wifi from the desk until we were on our way out, this would have come in handy if we'd known about it at check-in.
The room was very clean, very modern and had great facilities, including plunger coffee!
There was more than enough room for my teenage daughter and I, and the plunge pool was just perfect after a long day traveling, we could watch the flat screen TV while relaxing in hot water.
There was a huge cockroach outside near our private pool which my daughter did not appreciate but I think is to be expected with so much bush and water around, there didn't seem to be any sign of insects in the unit.
The bathroom was extremely clean and modern, but no soap left in dispenser.
We were in a unit near the road but didn't hear any traffic noise and although the motel seemed to be full we didn't hear a lot of noise from the neighbors.
Bed was comfy and extra blankets and pillows in wardrobe were appreciated.
I will definitely stay again when we have longer to enjoy the area, the Alpin makes a great base for adventuring around Rotorua.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family