“Great value!”

Ranked #32 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great value!”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

I didn't have much hope from this motel given that we paid $90 for our one n8ght stay here.. but boy I was wrong. This motel has such a cute feel to it. The room is sufficient, the bathroom quite basic. Pros - friendly staff, heated beds (each side has its own controls), basic breakfast, and super quite! I slept like a baby! Definitely recommended!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed here for 1 night. Staff are friendly and helpful with tips on what to do, where to go etc. When we first opened the door to the room there was an overwhelming smell of dog shampoo! As I have a dog of my own the scent wasn't too bad, sprayed the girlfriends perfume everywhere and when we got back to the room all was good. The bed is comfortable however the bathroom and kitchenette needs some updating. Just note that it is located across from a shopping centre. Overall happy with the stay, particularly at the great rate of $90 for the night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here. Close to town and offering a free pushbike service. The staff were great, even giving us a lift into town early in the morning so we wouldnt miss our tour that day. Thank you Mark and staff!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We spend 3 nights at this motel in September 2013. The room was nice, very clean but a bit small tough. But for the price we payed you can't complain! The electric blanket was awesome because it got a bit cold at night. The motel is good located. We didn't have a car but the center of Rotorua was in walking distance. The staff was exceptional! We were welcomed by a gentleman (the owner?) who explained us everythin about Rotorua. Marc was extremly helpful with finding and booking the right tours for us (Waimangu Volcaniv Valley, Hell's Gate and Tamaki Maori Village - highly recommended!). I enjoyed our stay there very much!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelCookiee
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights in September 2013 and was very impressed. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful; a warm welcome on arrival, help with finding a tourist activity in the area, use of computer facilities, a lift to the bus station - they were great! The room itself was lovely, very clean and cosy with a nice bathroom and small kitchen. Would definitely stay here agin if in Rotorua!

• Stayed September 2013
Wahiawa, Hawaii
Reviewed 2 September 2013

First of all, there are tons of motels/hotels in Rotorua, but I'm so glad I selected this one. I made reservations for three nights, and returned for two additional nights later on because there are so many things to do in Rotorua. Victoria Street is just off the main road in a nice, quiet neighborhood, so traffic is lighter around the motel.

I stayed in Room #10, which was really spacious and included a comfy queen bed; chair with ottoman; narrow glass top desk perfect for a laptop; tiny kitchen area with sink, microwave and small fridge; bathroom with narrow shelving for toiletries and shower stall that had good water pressure. Room heater was on the blink so I called reception and the owner, Mark, came right up to check on it. He switched it out for one that worked perfectly for the duration of my stay. The bed was comfortable with a heating element under the sheets that really kept me warm during the chilly winter nights. Free parking available too. I stayed in Room #6 when I returned. Though slightly smaller, it was still perfect for my needs.

Continental breakfast was free (though there's a sign that says it's $7); Zenbu wifi was free, very fast, and reliable, and if you need more time on the internet, you can pick up more vouchers from the reception desk; laundry and dryer are available with laundry soap for a small fee.

Right across the street is the Rotorua Central Mall that was still under construction when I visited. However, there's a Countdown grocery store and spacious food court (Chinese, Indian, Thai, Japanese, Subway, coffee shop). Walk through the mall and you'll reach the city centre with interesting shops and restaurants (many of which open at 5 p.m.). Also, when you exit the mall, to the left is Columbus Coffee (yellow sign) where you can relax with sweet eats and hot beverages; nice atmosphere in which to chill.

In the motel's breakfast area, there's a table covered with brochures for activities, eateries and restaurants, perfectly geared for visitors. More importantly, Mark the owner, and Lance with whom I spoke for hours, offered lots of information on what to do and where to eat. Lance suggested Oppie's Fish & Chips, voted Best Chip Shop in 2011, and the fish and chips were indeed delicious! Note: In New Zealand, Chinese restaurants also sell fish and chips; that was news for me!

As a female traveler traveling alone, I felt really comfortable and at home at Accolade. It was central to all activities that I experienced while there, and best of all, the people were so friendly and helpful. I felt like I was being welcomed home by family each day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sarah808
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We cannot recommend this motel enough. The staff were incredibly helpful, giving great advice on things to do and vouchers to get money off. The room was brilliant! Comfortable bed (with electric blanket under the sheet - a wonderful and much appreciated touch in this New Zealand winter). A clean bathroom, with plenty of hot water, and a great little kitchenette. The wifi was free and fast. There was also free parking, The motel is really central to everything we wanted to do.
Great value for money - would stay again in a heartbeat. We can only hope the rest of the motels we stay at while in New Zealand are up to this standard!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple