We took advantage of the getaway deal for 2 nights:
FREE WiFi; FREE carparking; FREE use of facilities - heated pool; jacuzzi, sauna, gym and private spas.
• One night’s accommodation in a luxury Suite.
• A complimentary bottle of bubbly on day of arrival.
• A delicious set three course dinner for two.
• Full breakfast for two.
• A late 12 noon check out.
We had stayed in a deluxe room previously - we do not really enjoy the cramped conditions of hotel rooms although here they are quite roomy.
The "luxury" of the suite was the space we had - separate bedroom/lounge/dressing room/bathroom. Possibly the suite was furnished to appear "regal" but I found it somewhat dated with an impression of a collection of various aged cheap pieces of furniture. The brown/beige decor adds to that impression. However the suite was comfortable (and the bed huge and comfortable)
Some small issues that might add to the "luxury" label are:
-The shower would be of no use to anyone with mobility issues as it required stepping high over the edge of a bath to access it.
-The huge bedside lamps were difficult to turn off having hard -to -reach buttons under the shades requiring some strength to click off. You almost had to get out of bed.
- the room had no cooking facilities but a bottle opener would have been appreciated. (there were knives and teaspoons)
The meals at the Pavilion restaurant were adequate but I thought overpriced for what they were - the wait staff were very pleasant.(Last time we dined at Mr Yakatori, on another deal, which I felt was value for money)
Anyone coming down for breakfast later in the morning will find some of the cooked food e.g. bacon is no longer crispy and fresh. Perhaps you are able to ask for it to be freshly cooked - we saw no chef. A good choice at the buffet though.
We were very disappointed that the jacuzzi ( part of the reason for our return trip) was closed for repair but understand that cannot be helped - the large pool was not warm enough for the weather we experienced and we do not fancy the "grotto" pools beneath the building - concrete caves that feel slightly claustrophobic.
I did not see any "no smoking" signs in our room - they were elsewhere - people in the room next to us were smoking on the balcony.
The staff were friendly and ready to assist, particularly the dining room staff.
My expectation of luxury is something out of the ordinary - this wasn't.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Distinction Rotorua Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Distinction Rotorua Hotel And Conference Centre
- Distinction Hotel Rotorua