“Good choice”

Millennium Hotel Rotorua
Ranked #23 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Reviewed 28 September 2013

To me the staff make this hotel. It definitely has a great location, lovely courtyard garden, delicious food, beautiful views, well appointed rooms and a wonderful pool/spa area but the staff are even better than these things. We found everyone to be helpful, friendly and keen to do the most they could for the guests.
One example of this is Rex.
We stayed on the Club Floor and Rex, who ran the evening canape session and breakfast, is a major asset to the hotel. He chatted away, remembered people's orders from one day to the next and was committed to giving guests a top class service. Thank you Rex and The Millennium, hopefully we will be back soon.

• Stayed: September 2013
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

I am very pleased your stay was enhanced by our friendly and helpful staff and in particular Rex who looked after you on the Club floor. He was also very happy to read your comments and I have certainly acknowledged him for his attentive service. We look forwarded to seeing you again on your next visit. Kind Regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,336)

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Being plumped in a town you know well, but at 3am in the morning brings a whole series of challenges but I was determined not to stay in the drizzle until my ride arrived. How helpful were the receptionist staff here to provide a cosy bed to lay down in for 5 hours, and the check-in was well after the requisite time. May the place enjoy full houses and the wonderful staff gain all that they deserve.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Norheim R
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

I'm so pleased our staff assisted you and that you got to enjoy at least a few hours sleep. I hope we see you return in the future and enjoy a full night's sleep with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments. Best Regards.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had a short winter stay with our daughter and grandchildren.We had adjoining rooms so the grandkids had lots of fun visiting us during the stay.
The room was spacious enough with nice en-suite.
The TV was modern,the only quibble was that there were no children's channels which would have been useful at times.We did mention this in our post stay review.
I don't recall any children's play areas either.
The breakfast was very nice,a huge choice of fruit,toast,mixed grills,cheeses eggs etc and lots of coffee.
There was a large pool available which I didn't use although my wife tried it and said it was fine.We used the spa pools which were great for the kids,the water temperature could have been slightly warmer though.
There was a large group in the bar and it took a while to get served as there was only one barman,we ended up going around to the restaurant area and the waitress came and served us in the main bar with apologies and a complimentary drinks an hot chips.
The lifts were very fast and access to the spa pools was internal.There was also changing rooms down at the pool.
Overall we had a very pleasant stay with friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback about the pleasant stay you enjoyed recently, the adjoining rooms are perfect for families travelling, especially with children. I have noted your comment regarding the Kids TV channel and advise we will review our TV contract and look to introduce another channel to accommodate our young travellers. Best Regards.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Great hotel in great location close to tourist attractions and shops. Friendly, helpful staff, great facilities. Spacious room with a bath not just a shower. Breakfast was delicious and there was plenty of it!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sirda

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and I'm pleased you had an excellent stay and that you also found the hotel to have great facilities and friendly helpful staff. We do have very central location so it is very easy to explore the city and shops. We hope to see you again when next travelling North. Kind Regards.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner in July , and was very happy to return again for a conference in September and reassure my colleagues they had chosen the venue well. A great welcome, helped from the car with my huge number of bags in the pouring rain, a beautiful spacious room overlooking the lake, and now I'm just about to eat in the restaurant after a soak in the Polynesian Spa. John chetty has been at the hub of the personal welcome, ably supported by his excellent team. Thank you John, and I'm really looking forward to the rest of my conference stay here, and to returning with my partner, maybe to try out a club room next time! Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your great recommendation and I hope the remainder of the conference went well for you. Do come back and try our Club floor next time you stay and I'm sure you will enjoy it as much, if not more than your previous visits. Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed here as part of an Air NZ mystery break. When we arrived we were upgraded to a club room on the fifth floor which was an added bonus. Comfortable room, great bed. Bathroom spacious, shower pressure just about sends you through the wall! Air conditioning was noisy and we couldn't adjust the temperature, but just turned it off and opened the windows. Breakfast buffet good, great pool and spa, nice surroundings and central to Rotorua. Staff generally all extremely helpful, with the exception of checking out on Sunday - counter staff stressed and not that helpful. Would definitely stay again though.

Room Tip: If stayed again, I'd ask for a room with a lake view. Club class rooms on top floor also very n...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

I hope we helped make your mystery weekend break a relaxing one and it was good to see you enjoyed The Club & facilities, the spa, pool and breakfast. Thank you, yes our staff are friendly & helpful, but I will pass on your comment about the Sunday morning check-out. We would like to see you stay again also and hope you get to return soon. Kind Regards.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was a nice hotel, but sometimes nice is not nice enough. The older Indian gentleman at the counter was very helpful, one of the young girls was really not. Breakfast was very good. The bathroom had very nice marble tiles. The bed was good. There was a distinct lack of lighting in the room, one light at the entry and two bedside lights - you could barely see anything on the other side of the room at night. The shower was a shocker. From the outside it looked good - shower over a bath, shower head at about head height. However, when you stood in the bath you realised the bath was raised. The shower head came out at chest height. I'm 5' 11", not a giant. I wasn't the only one who had this issue with the showering their room either. They were just bad for the height. Water pressure was very good though, the lower part of my body was very clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback and I'm pleased the Duty Manager was helpful and that you enjoyed the breakfast and found the bathroom and bed were to your liking. I have made a note of the other points you raised and have added to our general maintenance programme. I have also followed up with the Front Office Manager in regard to your comment about the other staff member on check-in, as our job here is to help, so I apologise if this didn't appear so.
Best Regards.