“Could use a update. Rooms are very dated”

Millennium Hotel Rotorua
Ranked #23 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Staff were nice. There is only WiFi in the lobby for a short amount of time, then you must pay for it. The bed was just OK as were the pillows. The bathroom is average, not really big. The room was average size and really not much of a view, but there really isn't much to see. It is a small town. The Hotel is within easy walking distance to shopping and food. The housekeeping staff were always so nice and gave you a smile and spoke to you. The Front Desk Staff people were great too. Not a great value for the price they charge. But, I think most of the places around there are the same.

Room Tip: Looks great on the outside and the Front Lobby. Rooms need to be updated
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and I am able to advise we are currently planning a rooms refresh and this will also include new beds in our rooms. We hope we see you return when next in the city. Kind Regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,338)

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is my second stay at the Millennium Rotorua. The first one was ok not excellent and the same mediocrity has continued. The staff are great - housekeeping team smiled and couldn't be more pleasant, prompt or willing to help. Check in and restaurant staff do the place proud. That's why I came back. The rooms however are overdue for a make over. The furniture in them is so well used there is little left of the original varnish left. Flat screen tvs - great. Bathroom was really nice though the shower over the bath a bit cramped - having the soap holder half way down the wall restricts movement in a shower/ bath situation.
Breakfast is ok. In fact the hotel is ok.. nothing startling which is a danger when you have so much choice in Rotorua.

Room Tip: ask for a queen or king and try not to have a room on level one - they seem to put the families here
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay.I am pleased to advise we are currently in the process of planning for a refresh of our rooms in the very near future. Thank you for your positive comments regarding our staff, I will be sure to relay these to them and hope we see you return to stay again. Best Regards.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

To me the staff make this hotel. It definitely has a great location, lovely courtyard garden, delicious food, beautiful views, well appointed rooms and a wonderful pool/spa area but the staff are even better than these things. We found everyone to be helpful, friendly and keen to do the most they could for the guests.
One example of this is Rex.
We stayed on the Club Floor and Rex, who ran the evening canape session and breakfast, is a major asset to the hotel. He chatted away, remembered people's orders from one day to the next and was committed to giving guests a top class service. Thank you Rex and The Millennium, hopefully we will be back soon.

• Stayed: September 2013

I am very pleased your stay was enhanced by our friendly and helpful staff and in particular Rex who looked after you on the Club floor. He was also very happy to read your comments and I have certainly acknowledged him for his attentive service. We look forwarded to seeing you again on your next visit. Kind Regards.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Being plumped in a town you know well, but at 3am in the morning brings a whole series of challenges but I was determined not to stay in the drizzle until my ride arrived. How helpful were the receptionist staff here to provide a cosy bed to lay down in for 5 hours, and the check-in was well after the requisite time. May the place enjoy full houses and the wonderful staff gain all that they deserve.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Norheim R
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

I'm so pleased our staff assisted you and that you got to enjoy at least a few hours sleep. I hope we see you return in the future and enjoy a full night's sleep with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments. Best Regards.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had a short winter stay with our daughter and grandchildren.We had adjoining rooms so the grandkids had lots of fun visiting us during the stay.
The room was spacious enough with nice en-suite.
The TV was modern,the only quibble was that there were no children's channels which would have been useful at times.We did mention this in our post stay review.
I don't recall any children's play areas either.
The breakfast was very nice,a huge choice of fruit,toast,mixed grills,cheeses eggs etc and lots of coffee.
There was a large pool available which I didn't use although my wife tried it and said it was fine.We used the spa pools which were great for the kids,the water temperature could have been slightly warmer though.
There was a large group in the bar and it took a while to get served as there was only one barman,we ended up going around to the restaurant area and the waitress came and served us in the main bar with apologies and a complimentary drinks an hot chips.
The lifts were very fast and access to the spa pools was internal.There was also changing rooms down at the pool.
Overall we had a very pleasant stay with friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback about the pleasant stay you enjoyed recently, the adjoining rooms are perfect for families travelling, especially with children. I have noted your comment regarding the Kids TV channel and advise we will review our TV contract and look to introduce another channel to accommodate our young travellers. Best Regards.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Great hotel in great location close to tourist attractions and shops. Friendly, helpful staff, great facilities. Spacious room with a bath not just a shower. Breakfast was delicious and there was plenty of it!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sirda

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and I'm pleased you had an excellent stay and that you also found the hotel to have great facilities and friendly helpful staff. We do have very central location so it is very easy to explore the city and shops. We hope to see you again when next travelling North. Kind Regards.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner in July , and was very happy to return again for a conference in September and reassure my colleagues they had chosen the venue well. A great welcome, helped from the car with my huge number of bags in the pouring rain, a beautiful spacious room overlooking the lake, and now I'm just about to eat in the restaurant after a soak in the Polynesian Spa. John chetty has been at the hub of the personal welcome, ably supported by his excellent team. Thank you John, and I'm really looking forward to the rest of my conference stay here, and to returning with my partner, maybe to try out a club room next time! Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your great recommendation and I hope the remainder of the conference went well for you. Do come back and try our Club floor next time you stay and I'm sure you will enjoy it as much, if not more than your previous visits. Kind Regards