Millennium Hotel Rotorua
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
1,423 results
All reviewspolynesian spaclub roomlake viewlarge hotelbuffet breakfastper dayduty managerlobby areanew zealandgovernment gardenscentral locationsulphur smellone night staycomfortable staytown centreeat streetspa pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 November 2013

After a busy day enjoying Rotorua, the geysers, steaming hot springs and mud pools we decided to go to the comfort of a hotel rather than a B&B or motel. The Millenium met what we were looking for but was no more than acceptable. A welcoming lobby, pleasant lounge and room reasonably well fitted, were its good points; the not-so-good points were its wifi – we could not connect, the room backed-on to the bus park and was noisy and breakfast, after being hit by coach loads of visitors was poor. Overall, we might give it a poor Recommend but our tip would be to drive on to Mt Manganui where the real quality is.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the side where the coaches park.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JandJFarnhamCommon
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and I apologise if you were interrupted by coaches on the street. There are bus parks further down the road, so they should not have been parking across what are actually carparks, we will monitor this more closely from now on. We do have wifi through all areas and rooms within the hotel and I was not aware there had been any connection problems over this period. Nothing has been logged in the system to indicate there were issues so I am unsure as to why this occurred. I am pleased you enjoyed the lobby and lounge areas and likewise your room, so do hope we see you return. Kind Regards

Reviewed 31 October 2013

To those of you who don't appreciate the team spirit, the professionalism, the dedication of the teams behind the teams....move on.

What if the hotel need TLC? What if it took 20 mns to check in? The millenium hotel is like a great dinner. Appreciate it, feel it. We have been using the Millenium for 4 or 5 years 3 or 4 time a year. This is not a B&B. This is IT. This is the Millenium Spirit.
So enjoy it or move on.
JPE Hvd
Auckland

Room Tip: Just enjoy the spirit and the Great Team
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for commenting on our great team and the spirit of the hotel, it is appreciated and I will certainly share your comments with all the staff. We thank you for choosing to stay at Millennium when travelling to Rotorua and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed here 3 nights - I thought it was excellent - clean and spacious and the rooms are nicely laid out. It's not particularly dated like many reviews state - those people must be very fussy as I thought it was neat and clean. It's not my taste stylistically but just your typical hotel - perfectly functional! We got a great price for bed and breakfast on the hotel's own website - in my opinion still the cheapest way to book a hotel (unless you have the entertainment book). My one criticism is that it was far too HOT in there. I had to throw open the balcony door - it was sweltering. A small thing as well: the hotel knew we were two adults and two kids yet they only provided three towels. I find that annoying as they obviously accept that kids stay free - why not provide enough towels without me having to chase them up. I can't be bothered having to ring housekeeping. Apart from that, top marks.

Room Tip: Lakeview rooms nice if you can get a good deal
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KatieWellington

Thank you for giving us top marks and for your feedback on your three night stay here with the family. I have passed on your comment regarding the extra towel to Housekeeping and with the change of season can also advise our air-conditioing systems are now set on summer mode. We hope we see you return again for a break in the near future. Kind Regards.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights at and found the overall experience very good apart from the glaringly poor service in the small bar(Zazu?) on the 2 occasions we ate/drank there.
Bar staff completely ignored us on both occasions for several minutes and when we were finally served, the woman serving was humourless and clearly didn't want to be there. The second night we tried to get service, the young barman who was actually off duty at the time and having a quiet drink with a friend, took pity on us, took our order and we finally were served. My friend waiting beside me to be served, said she felt 'invisible' and had to ask the 2 servers for attention as they fiddled with the cash register and wouldn't look up. Needless to say, we didn't patronise the bar a third time!
Location is great - opposite Polynesian Pools and a short stroll to attractions and eateries.
However, the rooms were comfortable and clean with a large TV, adequate bathroom and more room than many hotels with a similar tariff. The inclusive breakfast is a bonus and although a little tired in places, the hotel was clean and well maintained and staff were lovely to deal with in every area except the bar.
We would stay again but would definitely avoid the bar !

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

I'm pleased you found the overall experience of your recent stay very good but was however dissapointed to read your comments regarding the bar service you encountered. I have discussed your feedback with the bar staff and have re-iterated our normal level of service delivery which were obviously not extended on both occasions you were in there and for this I apologise. It was heartening to read you found the rest of the staff lovely to deal with and that you would stay again, we look forward to welcoming you back. Kind Regards.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here overnight. The hotel itself is in a good location. Overall the hotel and rooms are looking dated and need refurbishing. The pillows were average and quite thin. From looking around rotorura there are much better accommodation options and we wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I'm sorry to hear you wouldn't stay again but do wish to advise we have a rooms refurbishment planned shortly which will also include new beds & bedding with new pillows. I hope the rest of your travels in New Zealand went well and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. Kind Regards.