Millennium Hotel Rotorua
US$145
US$127
  • Pool
Arista of Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$107
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$90
US$557
US$471
Priceline
Holiday Inn Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$92
Agoda.com
US$170
US$164
Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$117
Agoda.com
Prince's Gate Hotel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$83
US$140
US$136
Orbitz.com
Aura Accommodation(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$96
1,448 results
All reviewspolynesian spaclub roomlake viewlarge hotelbuffet breakfastper dayduty managerlobby areanew zealandgovernment gardenscentral locationsulphur smellone night staycomfortable staytown centreeat streetspa pool
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was not looking forward to staying here. It was booked by the group I was travelling with. I had had a poor experience in a Millenium hotel in Alaska and TA reviews of The Millennium Rotorua were mostly critical and not too enthusiastic. I was pleasantly surprised. Reception was courteous, efficient and friendly and the room was large, clean and well furnished. It was a little dated but there is nothing wrong with being a bit last century if it is all well maintained and everything works. It looked into an inner courtyard planted with native trees and was silent. There were two Queen Sized comfortable beds with spare pillows available. Air conditioning was needed and it was silent and quickly had the room to the temperature we wanted.
The bathroom was a decent size. The bath and shower were combined. I do prefer a walk-in shower but this was OK for one night. One or more reviews comment that the bath is on the narrow side and the shower head placed too high. It seemed adequate to me.
The on-site parking lot is huge but was always full whenever we arrived. However there is ample parking on the street right outside the hotel and we never had a problem finding a space.
Millennium should have a rethink about their internet. They are still in the dark days of last century. Internet should be like the hot water. Reliable, copious, constant and part of the room package. Here the arrangements were prissy, restrictive and largely nonsense. I could not be bothered to read the peculiar details and for one night made do with free civic internet from the street.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GbsLondon
Pipiana W, Acting Operations Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your positive feedback.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I booked for 3 nights stay in a Superior Plus (with a lake view) at Millennium Hotel Rotorua via their official website. On arrival for check-in, I was told there were errors in their system and that I wait in their lobby and their staff with sort it out and inform us when our rooms were ready. I sat patiently while I watch dozens of new guests arrive, check-in, and leave with room-key's in hand. After a good half an hour, I went back to their reception desk to politely ask for an update. Unfortunately, no-one knew why my room was still not sorted so ask I now go to their bar for a complementary drink while their Manager sorts our room out. Feeling annoyed, my partner and I sat at their bar hoping that this time something would be sorted as we had just driven for three hours to Rotorua. It wasn't until an hour had past that we finally could not wait any longer and we both returned to their reception. What we found was not only did nobody sort out our rooms (there were at least 3 staff members behind the counter), but that when they did, we were told they unfortunately had to transferred us to another hotel 6 kilometers away!
Unbelievable.
If you enjoy being neglected and experiencing extremely poor customer service, I recommend Millennium Hotel Rotorua.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shinkz
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

We were very disappointed to read your comments, and would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you regarding your experience. If that is possible, please contact our Acting Operations Manager - Michele Weston on 07 349 9625.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The lobby area gives a very good impression of the hotel. However the bedrooms are in need of refurbishment as they are showing signs of wear and tear. We stayed in a room overlooking the lake which has a great outlook. Found the room small with very little storage space. The Millennium is in a good position with easy walking access to the town centre, museum and Polynesium Spa. There is plenty of free parking at the hotel. The swimming pool is great to use after a long day sightseeing. Staff are all helpful and cheerful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 925KitC

Hi, thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the central near the city centre, museum and Polynesian Spa. We're looking forward to our rooms refurbishment in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Lobby is great, you walk in and it's a def wow moment. Our room was in a great position over looking the lake on the ground floor, just a short (literally 2 mins) walk to the Polynesian Spa. The room was dated and needed some modernising, was very dusty when we arrived. Was serviced most days but on departure we found an old cherry under the bed...... Wasn't from us. So didn't feel it was that clean, not for the price we paid. The pool was great, but also needed a bit of modernising, I found shutting the pool down between 6.30pm and 8.45pm a pain, this was done for the show!

Customer service was a shocker, we went over nye period and they were severely under staffed! On our first day we ordered a bar snack and some drinks, food came, it was wrong, I ordered the chicken Caesar salad, but it came 45 minutes later without chicken. Instead of taking the whole dish back they later served the chicken in a side plate, I had eaten most of the salad by then! Then the drinks came so chicken Caesar salad without the chicken and a meal/snack without the drinks!

We went again nye day, I ordered just two drinks, again 45 mins later, no drinks, I went to find the bar tender who was no where to be seen to cancel, I ended up returning to the room to call reception to cancel the order. I also explained the problems I had the previous day with the food. They said they would report to duty manager, but I heard nothing back.

Overall position of hotel great, first impressions great, but customer service not so great.

Room Tip: Request room over looking the lake :0) check room before accepting :0)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kiwipomster

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced with your meal and service. Unfortunately, due to illness, we were a number of staff short over New Year. This is certainly not the expected standard of service we aim to provide to our guests, in fact our staff often receive outstanding feedback.
The pool area is sometimes closed for our Magically Maori Evening Hangi & Concert. During this time the two free and two hire Spa pools in The Spa & Fitness Centre remain available for any guests wanting a swim.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

The Millennium is a good choice for your stay in Rotorua. It is very well located, close to the little town's center and some other touristic attractions (the Polynesian Spa, the Rotorua lake, the Museum & Government Gardens) - this is really an advantage, since most of the hotels and motels are located at the outskirts of Rotorua, on the exit road to Taupo. Due to the close proximity of the Polynesia Spa however, be prepared for a quite strong sulphur odour (and if you can't stand it at all, then Rotorua is probably not the place to go).

Our room's greatest advantage IMO was that it had a lake view (as requested) and, most important, the exterior wall (towards the balcony) was almost entirely made of glass - which let very much light into the room. This was a great feeling in the morning!

Staff is generally friendly, cleanliness is OK. Thumbs up for the hotel spa, which is definitely recommendable.

Things could be improved, however. The general feeling is that the furniture is rather old and would need a change (for a 4 stars hotel, it is not very pleasant to see worn out pieces of furniture in your rooms or the lobbies or even the elevator - change those carpets, people!). Also, very expensive wi-fi access in the rooms, and only 30 minutes free wi-fi in the hotel's downstairs lobby (this appears to be a general policy in New Zealand, however).

Still, the hotel is a recommendable place to stay, while in Rotorua.

Room Tip: 4518 with a view to the lake is nice and very, very lightsome.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay last week. I'm glad that overall your experience was a positive one. Thanks also for the thumbs up and recommendation for our Spa. We are looking forward to a refurbishment this year, rooms and lobby furniture are top priority. We'll look into those lift carpets too!
Your comments regarding the WIFI pricing is noted.