“Old, but nice & clean hotel with good location .......”

Millennium Hotel Rotorua
Ranked #23 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“Old, but nice & clean hotel with good location .......”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We spent two nights in this old, but nice & clean hotel that was very good located. The hotel had a big lobby. The staff were nice, kind and helpful. Our room was spacious with clean and convenient bed that provided us good sleep. The bathroom was also spacious, however, the shower nozzle was leaking. The hotel provided a 20 minutes free wifi connection per day in the lobby. Unfortunately (again), the choices for breakfast were not so broad, especially for our Moslem group members as there were not so many halal food for them ....... :-( Nevertheless, the Hangi Dinner in this hotel was nice and attractive which buffet dinner offered plenty of food of various choices .......

Room Tip: Try to get a room with the lake view :-)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write following your stay with us. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay, and had a good sleep.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel's in a good location and is easy to fine, it has loads of parking and very helpful staff. Nice bar area and the swimming pool was a bonus.
The room was of a good size and had everything you'd need.

The staff recommended various places to see and could book them for you. Definitely on the right side of town for the many attractions the town has to offer.
Well worth a visit.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback. Happy you enjoyed your stay and found the staff helpful in recommending places to visit.
We hope you will return one day soon.
Leicester
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed for two nights whilst exploring this exciting city.
Reception were excellent, but the concierge was the jewel in the crown here - he was from San Francisco and I recall that he was called Sam. He gave us some great tips over which Maori show to attend, the museum, the Polynesian spa etc. Thanks to him we made the most of our brief stay.
Room was great, reasonable size. Great lake view - watching the steam rise was a wonderful experience. Bathroom was standard sized. Cleaning was great - and considerate.
Laundry facilities were good, but on the expensive side - however, the hotel laundry was located next to the guest facilities and their staff were very helpful.
We ate in the hotel restaurant one night (thunderstorm so didn't want to venture far). Food was good with a $20 special being extra good value. We rate their service.
Pool was good sized, two hot spas to soak in. Bar service was good too. Beware - the swimming pool can be accessed from the street so be careful with any valuables you may leave unattended whilst you swim - common sense I know but worth a mention.
Excellent location close to everything in the city - which is laid out very sensibly.
We loved out stay here.
Oh, and free car-parking.

Room Tip: Lake views are brilliant - worth the extra you pay to stay in them.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write, we appreciate your positive feedback.
We're happy you loved your stay and hope you will return one day soon.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed here for one night on a business trip to Rotorua. I'm not going to do a big review as this is a chain hotel with the usual accoutrements. The room was large and well equipped, I had a view of the lake, which is nice. The room took quite a bit of finding as the lifts you get to first when you leave reception don't go to the guest rooms on the 4th floor? I know! So I came back down, went over a walkway and found another lift which did go to the guest rooms on the 4th floor. Go figure. Anyway. inside the lift is no signage advising what is on any of the floors. SO make a note which floor reception is on as it's on the 2nd floor, which is kind of the ground floor but not quite.

I couldn't be bothered going out for my meal so I chose to eat in the restaurant. I had a duck thing to start that was $16 but should have been $10. I had a fish thing for my main course which was over $30 and should have been $15. The wine is over priced as well. The food and beverage is priced like a premium hotel which it has no justification for based on the quality and range. Very poor value for too much money.

The rooms have a mini bar but my room had no price list so I gave it a miss except for a small bottle of water, which as you'll know in most hotels is complementary. Not here, they wanted $5 for a small bottle of water!! I know!

The wired broadband costs about $29 for 24 hours which is information super highway robbery. The Wifi is free for 20 mins or so but who charges for cabled internet supply? The millennium Rotorua do that's who.

Would I stay here again? Maybe, if I got a great deal on a booking site as the room was fine and the staff were very nice. I wouldn't eat or drink anything again in the hotel though, so lesson learned.

Happy travels

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room, if you want to see the lake of course
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. I do appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts. Please accept my apologies that you did not feel you received value for money in the restaurant. I am working closely with our Executive Chef to ensure consistently high standards are maintainted in all food outlets.
The Housekeeping staff have been reminded to ensure the minibar lists are replaced following a room clean. We do provide free chilled filtered water in the lobby and conference room areas for those not wanting to purchase minibar bottled water.

Your comments regarding wifi costs are also appreciated, and noted for future.

I do hope you will consider returning next time you are in Rotorua.

regards
london
Reviewed 22 January 2014

awful hotel whcih should be called a motel. dated old rooms, ripped furnishings, no atmosphere and general bad vibe. awful breakfast and coffee ( you need to pay extra for decent coffee and to finish it off the most expensive fro wine, mini bar ( inclusing water) and dry cleaning. new zealand hotels are bad in general but this is awful

2 Thank baron771
I'm sorry you were disappointed with your stay and that we didn't meet your expectations.
Filtered chilled water is provided free of charge in all public areas, alternatively guests can purchase bottled water from the in room minibar.

Freshly brewed Coffee and Tea is provided free of charge at breakfast. We offer our guests the choice of purchasing espresso coffee.

We're looking foward to the second quarter of 2014 when the hotel will receive a refurbishment to our guest rooms and lobby area.

Travellers are raving about these Rotorua hotels

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Two different rooms in two days, first was exceptional on 2nd floor, 2nd room on 4th floor dated with paint flakes falling in bathroom ( badly ventilated ) however staff and facillities more than made up for. Would reccommend to any body without hesitation

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for writing your review. Fantastic you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your recommendation.

The second quarter of 2014 will see upgrades to guest rooms and public areas.

We hope you will choose to return some time in the near future.
regards
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We had 2 rooms booked for our stay with family at the Millennium Hotel Rotorua. When I checked in I was given a free upgrade to a room with a spa in it....bonus! Unfortunately the other room we got was not an upgrade. The upgraded room was good with a modern bathroom, and an awesome outdoor private spa. The feedback from the standard room was that the bathroom was old with a shower head designed for midgets. The occupants were far from impressed.

After reading the guest information folder in the room I was impressed by the offer of "orthopaedic and feather pillows in addition to those supplied in your room"! Having had neck problems I phoned up to get a 80% feather pillow. I was told by reception that they did not have feather pillows. After some persuasion, I convinced them to at least bring me a softer pillow. After an hour of waiting, I again phoned reception and they said they would chase up the pillow. Finally a pillow arrived at my door and it was 100% polyester and did not even have a pillow case on it! This was hardly acceptable. I also noticed that the minbar fridge was extremely noisy so I had to turn it off during the night.

Breakfast was included in my package. The cooked breakfast was not very tasty, the congee was bland with no condiments on offer to provide any taste, the miso soup was not labelled so looked like brown water, and it took several requests to staff before the pancake machine was finally operational. The pancakes were nice though.

On a positive side, the swimming pool and spa area looked amazing!

For the money paid, this was a rather disappointing stay!

2 Thank Geoff W
Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed the free upgrade to a Deluxe Spa room,as well as The Spa and Pool areas. Our apologies we were unable to offer an upgrade for both rooms due to occupancy. With regards breakfast congee dish our Executive Chef makes the congee according to a popular recipe, however following your comments we wil investigate further. Please accept my apologies that breakfast didn't meet your expectations.
I have checked with housekeeping and we still have available a supply of feather pillows to offer guests. Rest assured I will be following up with the Front Office team to discuss the reasons for not communicating and fulfilling your request.