“Perfect stay”

Millennium Hotel Rotorua
Ranked #24 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed in March 2014 in a basic room as part of a group on a mountain biking trip. Everything fell in to place from the moment I arrived. The room was a good size, clean & comfortable. The service was great. Buffet breakfast had a good range, plus a pancake machine that works with the press of a button - awesome! ! The hotel is in a great location, with local cafe's & restaurants nearby. My only negative was only having 20mins free wifi per day, which was only accessible in the lobby area, but I guess I wasn't there to have my head stuck in my computer - I definitely made the most of the mtb trails :) I will return, & hopefully soon!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jules4Travelling2
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for your fantastic review of the hotel. I'm delighted your enjoyed your stay with us with your MTB group. I can advise we have been able to renegotiate our WIFI rates and are now able to offer some very competitive day rates and well as an increase to 30 minutes Free per day.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next MTB adventure!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Well situated in the centre of Rotorua, within walking distance of the Museum and an easy drive to other attractions. Hotel was clean, warm and comfortable - what you would expect from a chain hotel. Reception and concierge were helpful. Selection of maps and guides could have been better. Breakfast was disappointing.

Room Tip: Lake view room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DianeSHH

Dear Diane
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and the handy location of the hotel. My apologies that you were disappointed with breakfast. We have recently appointed a very experienced Executive Chef and I'm working closely with him to ensure the food standards are to a consistently high standard as you'd expect of a Millennium Hotel.
I do hope you will consider us the next time you visit Rotorua.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My hubby and I stayed at this Hotel on the 7th of August 2014. Everything was fine until we decided to go to the bathroom and then get ready for bed. On using the toilet we discovered black hair and dust along the front of the bath and as hubby had only used it earlier and not me. Oh well we thought have shower and then time to get into bed pulled back the top sheet only to discover the bed had not been made from the previous guest and no spare pillows. I rang down to the front desk and was told they could move us to the 2nd floor but as we were already in night attire we said no. They sent a porter up with 1 sheet and 2 pillows. we put the sheet on the top of other sheets and used the bedspread as our blanket. I complained to the clerk in the am when we paid but no price reduction, a small apology from her but to date nothing from the hotel. We try different hotels so we can tell our friends not recommending this one tho .... Yuk

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra W

Dear Sandra
I was most disappointed to read your review and have been investigating further with all the staff from Front Office and Housekeeping. It is a very specific problem and solultion and I can advise this is not our standard.
As I've not been able to find your booking under 'sandra W' I have been unable to find contact details for you. I would very much appreciate the opportunity of discussing this further with you. Would you kindly give me a phone call on 07 349 9601.

kind regards
Pipiana Whiston

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I booked a one night stay via Expedia, only to find upon arrival I had made an incorrect booking. The girl behind the counter was so sour faced, she couldn't even say hello. When they eventually found my reservation, the manager only grunted you have to ring Expedia and then simply walked away. Truly astounding to find such rubbish people at the front counter in service industries. I'm local so will be telling everyone I know don't waste your money here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cinandleo

Dear Cinandleo
I was shocked to read your review. I would very much appreciate the opportunity of discussing this further with you. As I do not have your contact details please contact me on 349 9601. I look forward to your call.

Pipiana Whiston

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I had the most perfect stay at the Millennium Rotorua for a conference in August 2014, stayed for 4 nights. When checking in and chatting to the lovely guy at reception about my flight delays and resulting flight to and drive from Hamilton instead of direct to Rotorua, he was so kind and offered to upgrade me to a club Lakeview room on the 5th floor (5404) newly renovated only last week. Wow!! Bought a smile to my face again! Exceptional service. The room with amazingly comfortable king sized bed was tastefully and peacefully decorated, with a big flat screen tv, own balcony and yes wonderful view of Lake Rotorua. I would definitely pay the extra to stay in this room again. Had gorgeous room service dinners twice and the breakfasts daily which were tasty. Very impressed with the quality of the gym and spa pool areas downstairs. Plus the hotel is just across the road from the divine Polynesian Spa. Location is peaceful and off the main street for a great nights sleep. You couldn't get a better quality and friendly Rotorua experience.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank KiwiEm01
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted you enjoyed you 4 night stay with us during the conference, and happy we were able to offer you an upgrade to experience our Executive Club Floor.
I'll certainly be passing on your comments to our Front Desk team.
We hope to be able to welcome you back some time soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Well to start off our first 5 minutes into the hotel- no wifi! Then we find out you can pay for it b/c it's only free for a very short time in the lobby only! Then we were starving after a really long drive (flight cancelled) but when we walked into an EMPTY restaurant just off the lobby and tried to be seated -NOPE- there is no room for just two of us as they MIGHT be expecting a larger group in about 1/2 an hour!!! They, then, proceeded to show us where we can walk to hopefully find food that late at night. UGH!! Not helpful or friendly. If we didn't prepay for the trip we would have cancelled and walked over to the Princess Gate Hotel!
Also you have to get used to the sulpher smells from the hot springs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kristina G
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate receiving your feeback as this is the best way to ascertain our standards of comfort and service.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We travelled with a group for a weekend of adventure in Rotorua and were not disappointed with the area, nor the Hotel.

The staff were wonderfully attentive, and got our group organised quickly and efficiently into our rooms.

The rooms were very comfortable, and I understand they have recently upgraded/replaced the bedding and soft furnishings. Nice choices with light coloured bed linen and amazingly comfortable beds and pillows.

We had dinner in the restaurant one night and it was superb. Terrific options and drink list impressive.

Breakfast was casual with the buffet or continental options both standard fare - albeit regularly replenished and hot.

The location of the Hotel is perfect - nice and close to restaurants and bars, and literally across the road from the wonderful Polynesian Spa.

I would stay here again for sure - top spot.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mullos1962

Dear Mullos
I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay at Millennium and your weekend in Rotorua. Thank you for taking the time to place the positive feedback. I'm especially pleased you approved of our colour choices for the bed linen, as well as the comfy beds / pillows.

We look forward to welcome you back ond day soon for another adventure...