2,798 results
All reviews eat street great location atlas restaurant lake view junior suite buffet dinner restaurants and bars thermal pools free internet hotel restaurant new zealand comfortable stay polynesian spa accor lakeside gym computers
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When we checked in we were greeted with a not so friendly receptionist. We had booked a suite with a full view of the lake . We got a great view if the ibis and a little bit of view of the lake. Did not see one staff member who was pleasant at all. The pool we could not use as the water was very milky and the small heated pools had signs closed for cleaning next to them. Did not see one person cleaning them. Went to the reception to make an enquiry about the redwoods, stood inline with another woman and patiently waited our turn as they were busy. The next thing a person barged his way in before us and was served. They both saw us waiting. When both of us said something to the receptionist her comment was shrug of the shoulders and said so NOT impressed. When we checked out told them that the TV was not working properly could only get 3 channels. She did not even apologize for this or offer anything just oh we will get maintenance to have a look later on. The room we had was very hot and very tired. This hotel really needs a good overhaul and not just the rooms but the staff need to have better training in customer service. Really over priced for little in return.

Stayed: October 2018
1  Thank LSM55
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Was staying in Rotorua for a conference. The Novotel was the suggested hotel & we had conference rates. I had a “better” room. I found “alien” curly hairs in the bath & on the towels. I found check in curt, not rude, but certainly not welcoming. The staff on the my floor were lovely. I found the whole place dark, dated & hugely overpriced - the worst facet it Atlas restaurant. Valentines in the evening & so, so average at breakfast. I’d look at Air B’n’B or another place if I ever return

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank RoobyBeagle
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Hotel facilities were great however room service not so much. I rang them 3 times and all times person apologised to me about forgetting to place my order. When I food arrived with ended up being 1 and half late it was cold.

Room Tip: dont order room service. It is better to get food from one of the local resturants
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

The good: it's located right outside Eat Streat. Even the Intercity bus stop is close by.

The average: service was okay. Sometimes the staff seemed annoyed at some of our requests. Other times they were super helpful (like Lionel). The breakfast buffet was okay, edible but with little choice.

The bad: facilities weren't clean enough, and I'm not talking about the signature Rotorua mud pool smell. Our shower curtain still had hair sticking to it and the sink had hairline cracks all over. The shower feebly spewed water all over. Overall it felt in need of better maintenance or even a renovation.

The annoying: somehow, our key cards got reset. When we got back to the hotel, we couldn't get back to our floor as the elevator wouldn't accept our key cards. We had to have front desk reset them. This happened twice, wasting our time.

The verdict: I'd rather stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pyrefalcon
Reviewed 9 October 2018

The overall experience was superb, efficient service, great rooms, ample food choices, I'd highly recommend this place to others. Location was also excellent, nice and close to other eateries, the lake, just awesome.

Room Tip: Go for the lake view rooms if possible
Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family