Rydges Rotorua
Orbitz.com
US$557
US$474
Agoda.com
Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$114
Agoda.com
Prince's Gate Hotel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$108
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$118
Cedarwood Lakeside(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
1,301 results
All reviewsrace courserace trackspa bathmezz baratrium restaurantbuffet breakfastindoor poolbalcony overlookinghuge roomtop floorkids loved the poolbit datedbeds were very comfortablenew zealandracecourse
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Great place, breakfast package was awesome value for money, lovely food. Suited us as a family well.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
craig_r_simpson, General Manager at Rydges Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

Hello Joanne v

Thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor. I will pass your comments about the food onto my chef.

I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us as we do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2011

We hadn’t originally booked at Rydges, we’d booked at an awful place up the road and, upon inspection, decided we couldn’t do it.Rydges was like a palace by comparison and we spent 5 days in Rotorua (a fantastic place!) as a result.

Rooms appeared to be getting refurbished when we were staying so it would appear that the slightly (only slightly) dated nature of fixtures and fittings will be getting resolved.

Rooms were clean, comfy beds, good selection of channels on the TV and, on the whole, a reasonably upmarket establishment. Buffet breakfast seems expensive at first but they often seemed to do special offers.

The rooftop pool is great and one of the best in town I’d say. Diving from the geothermally heated side into the icy cold bit was awesome. Also a small sauna up there as well.

I’d stay again. It’s a good all-rounder and a step up from some of the nutty mum and pop operations that seem to characterise tourist accommodation in New Zealand.

Worth a go if you can fetch it for a fair rate.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
craig_r_simpson, General Manager at Rydges Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Dear Drew1976,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us through Trip Advisor. It is always extremely pleasing to hear positive comments about our hotel.

We greatly appreciate that you chose to stay with us at Rydges Rotorua after your original choice in town was not up to your standard.

All of your comments will be passed amongst my team and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when you are next over this way.

Once again, thank you for the positive feedback.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel, my room was clean and well equipped and the bed very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and conference facilities were wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Hello Gem_Starr,

Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the very near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

I stayed at Rydges Rotorua for the second time since a first trip in April 2011, was down for the tough guy/girl challenge. When I visited in April I was disapointed with the lack of food allergy friendly food options. This time round I was extremly impressed to see the dinner menu had gone through a complete transformation! Each dish is noted as to whether it is gluten free or vegan, and there is so many options to choose from. The cherry on top was the fact that the waiter remembered who I was from my April visit, and remembered my food allergies. He was so accommodating, even confirming with the kitchen what my requirements were. He didn't make me feel as though I was an inconvienence, it was such a great customer experience.

The rooms are gorgeous, such a welcome change from the smaller hotel rooms which seem to be the new standard. Its so lovely to walk into a hotel room and feel right at home.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Hi Gffree,

Thank you very much for your comments on Trip Advisor. It is great to have you stay with us again and as you noticed we have gone through an extensive menu change throughout the hotel which is proving very popular.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

We have stayed with Rydges Rotorua 3 times now. 1st time = pretty good, nothing more than i will say in todays review really. 2nd time was very poor, wierd sucking/dripping sounds above our bedroom. We complained and staff didnt seem to care to much, however did manage to move us for the next night. After complaining about poor nights sleep (non at all, it was loud enough to keep us up all night and there were no other rooms avail) we had a reply from managment apolagising and organising to make our stay fantastic next time.
Just over a year on now, we thought we would give them another shot. The Assit Manager was lovely, sorted us out with a room upgrade, free breakfasts and even shouted us a drink at the bar.
Everything was well organised, never had any probs getting the breakfast (a highlight for us, as at a price of $30 odd for cooked breakfast, its not something we can afford generally, so was a VERY nice treat!!) The barman knew who we were and pointed us in the right direction to meet Sally etc. Very well organised
Rooms are large, spa baths are great. Beds and linen as mentioned in some other reviews are a little dated i guess, but wouldnt stop me staying here. Some great prices to be had (sub $100)
Free carparking is great compared to some, and plently of it to be honest.
There was a wedding on the Sat night that booked out the resteraunt (looked like a lovely setup) and the staff told us on checking about it and gave us alternative options for dining - very well organised!

My only down side would be next upgrade, there is def more than enou room to pop 2 queen beds in as the doubles are bit small.
Hot water/Cold water in showers is very fluctuating. This is assumably just during peak times and just when other guests start/stop shower i guess, and one minute its nice temp, few sec later is boiling hot, give it a few more and its cold. Can be quite hard to manage! My advise is to just have a Spa during these peak times!

Only big thing for me i noticed was cleanliness. I do find it in many hotels i stay in, and wish it could be worked on.. its the bathroom vent. Def. not the worst i have seen, however was quite bad in terms of dust (or something :/) blocking up the vents.

Bottom line - Will i stay there again - Yes

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Wigglywormnz,

Thank you for your recent comments you posted on Trip Advisor reflecting on your recent time with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself and I thank you for highlighting certain aspects of your stay.

Our complementary carpark is very popular with many people who stay. Something, as you pointed out, is not common amongst a lot of hotels.

I have asked my maintenance team to investigate the hot water issues you mentioned; even through peak periods this should not affect the supply to any room. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

All of our rooms have two queen size beds in them except for the ones which have one king size bed. Because of the size of the rooms and the amount of space the guest have the beds can be preserved to look smaller than what they are.

With regards to cleanliness, we have recently had a change in our housekeeping management and I can say standards have been lifted a lot and the bathroom vents are one of these ‘attention to detail’ areas which are being monitored a lot more closely.

All of your comments will be passed onto my team and I would like to thank you once again for passing on your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.