I don’t know where to start the service and facilities i have experienced in the hotel is appalling. We booked 3 double bedrooms.
- arrived at the hotel, check in considering the number of guests 7 adults and 3 kids I thought that it will come to their senses that we will need a porter to help us but NO. I grabbed a trolley and took all the bags at the reception, the receptionist saw this a 7 month pregnant lady trying to push a trolley with full of bags and did not do anything. I asked if they can take it to our rooms, the receptionist looked at me and said we can if I really want to but just to one of our rooms not for all the rooms...
- arrived at the room looking promising, then went to the toilet the bowl has stains and it was consistent for all the three rooms i booked
- One of the room's tv stopped working got someone to look at it the person was not very happy no greetings no smile no nothing just grabbed the tv and replaced it. No conversation occurred just left the new tv playing.
- Ordered room service, I ordered wedges and asked how long it will take, I was advised 15 minutes... 30 mins later no food i called to follow up was then advised 5 minutes more...15 minutes later still no food….. followed up again then it finally arrived. The wedges has no sour cream no chili sauce as written in menu and melted cheese looks like it’s been sitting there for a long time.
- Breakfast time arrived went to the buffet, we were greeted at the entrance and as we enter the main area another staff member approached us as if we are intruders saying to us that my 3 year old cannot wear her pyjamas at the restaurant which is fine but the manner we were spoken to is the problem. We are guests here, paying guests at least be polite when you speak to us.
My sister in law arrived wanted to join us for breakfast apparently she was not allowed and again was spoken in a condescending tone as we have our table and its only for four, after explaining we were allowed to sit together.
I then sat down for breakfast the spoon on my table was with stain and not polished!! I do not think this will pass a four star hotel service?
So then I approached the reception ready to speak to someone, I asked who can i talk to about a complaint as the brochure in our room to write our feedback is not enough to write my complaints. I was given an email address! No one tried to speak to me to hear my concerns or bothered to ask anything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges Rotorua is located in a park like setting on the edge of the city's Racecourse. The hotel boasts panoramic views towards Lake Rotorua and Mokoia Island. Along with the most spacious guest rooms in the city, offering FREE WIFI, the hotel also has extensive catering facilities, including the Atrium Restaurant and Bar, Mezz Bar, 24 hour room service and over 560sqm of function. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the city centre, Convention Centre and many of the city's main attractions are a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rydges Rotorua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Rotorua Hotel Rotorua
- Rydges Hotel Rotorua
- Rotorua Rydges Hotel