Silver Fern Rotorua - Accommodation and Spa
  • Pool
US$175
US$154
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$174
Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$114
Agoda.com
Prince's Gate Hotel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$86
US$557
US$471
Priceline
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$118
Cedarwood Lakeside(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
1,063 results
All reviewshoneymoon suiteone bedroom suitenew zealandsmall kitchenettegreat place to stayte puiathe ground floorfree wififenton streetwater pressurewai o tapucomfortable bedroad noisetown centreshort drivewould definitely stay here againhot tub
Reviewed 7 December 2012

We arrived in Rotorua on a Thursday after spending two nights in Auckland staying in accomodation that did not inspire. But the Silver Fern were amazing!! the room we stayed in was very nice and extremely roomy. The spa in the studio was awesome we used it most nights. The owners are extremely helpful , they recommended things to do and even booked a couple of activities for us. They made our stay in Rotorua an unforgettable one!! so much so we want to return. On a sidenote the breakfasts available are great, DVDs available in the reception are awesome too not to mention the sensational wifi which puts so called BIG hotels in Auckland to shame.

When in Rotorua do yourself a favour and book at this beautiful facility!!

Reviewed 5 December 2012

We were reluctant to choose a chain hotel but this accommodation did not disappoint. Free DVD movies at reception were a nice touch and a decent sized TV to watch them on! It was a nice wind down after a long driving day. Dinner recommendations were also not too much trouble, the room was comfortable and well planned out with enough utensils to self cater to a degree.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I must say that Silver Fern is much better than many of the 4,5 star hotels out there in Auckland. We stayed there for two nights before heading to the South Island. The rooms are spacious, extremely clean, has a private spa pool, and very well equipped with mini kitchen. It is a family run business and the hosts are very friendly, the hotel also takes care our small needs - such as with UK-> NZ adaptors. There is also ample space for parking - you can simply park in front of your room. I strongly recommend Silver Fern to those who are making a stop at Rotorua area!

Room Tip: Choose ground floor room
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I can't say enough great about this motel. We stayed in room 17 though I can't imagine it's any better than any other room. It certainly rivals the best hotels we've stayed in. Everything is crisp and clean and new and perfectly appointed. Towels were very soft. Bed was very, very comfortable. This motel is outrageously clean. People directly downstairs stayed up later than we wanted to (we were still on a different time zone) so we just turned on the heater fan for soft whitenoise and we didn't hear them at all. We ordered porridge for breakfast and I don't know what they did (because in my experience porridge is porridge and nothing special) but this porridge was by far the best I've ever had.

Room Tip: I think they're are probably all equally terrific.
Reviewed 1 December 2012

If you are fortunate to stay in this amazing motel (far superior to many UK hotels I have stayed in), make sure you use the spa! As we were on holiday I thought I wouldn't need a massage. How wrong I was. The excellent masseuse, Michelle, provided the best massage I have ever had. In the UK, I have had massages in various spas, hotels and my local beauty salon ( including hot stones treatment), but none can compare to the knot reducing massage by Michelle. Amazing.
As for the accommodation, unfortunately it was the first one we stayed in during our 3 week tour of NZ and it spoilt us. No other could compare with the standard, hospitality (Sheila even dropped us in the town centre for the weekly street market) and advice about local attractions. If you visit Rotorua stay here! But beware, you will be spoilt for future accommodation.