“A Wonderful Hotel”

Wylie Court Motor Lodge
Ranked #39 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I just spent 3 night there. As others have mentioned, my room was on two stories. There were 2 bathrooms each with a shower. The downstairs living room had a double bed in it as well as a kitchen, dining room table, and some chair. Clearly, the room would have worked great for a family but two of us really liked the space. There was a naturally heated, private hot tub in the rear of the unit. That was absolutely relaxing after a day of touring. The room was spotless. The front desk staff was very helpful. It is about a mile walk to town but a short drive. I did not try the restaurant. It was not busy while I was there. The next time I go to Rotorua, I am staying here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 March 2013

Pros: Good location near the center. Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Walking distance both to the city center and to Geothermal Valley with Maori cultural center (Te Puja)

Cons: We were assigned with #26 which is next door to the restaurant. 24x7 there are some machines/ventilation working in the restaurant making noticable noise. We have had to shut all windows tight during the night to have it reduced. But still we could hear it. On top of that the stinky smell of food cooking was penetrating the unit if we had our windows opened.

Room Tip: Try to avoid #26 and others which are close to Restaurant.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The rooms are huge, clean, well maintained and ideal for families. Our room had a nice spa pool in a private courtyard. The staff were universally friendly and helpful. The restaurant is pretty good too!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This was very clean and well laid out room, which could sleep 5 over 2 floors. Our room had 2 flatscreen TVs, 2 bathrooms, great kitchen with modern appliances and everything you could need. Great for families. We checked out the swimming pool but we didnt use it and our 11 year old son was a bit too old for the younger child style playground. The motel itself had a really good feeling, a bit like an Austrian chalet, but the best feature was the spa on a mid level between both floors. Outside partially covered, clean, perfect temp, nice style to relax in. Very simply done with plastic chairs around the edge. The sheets and towels were lovely and clean. The only things I could fault was that the windows didnt have screens and they were low to the ground, so it you abided by the strong signage in the room to close all windows and doors (I am presuming to prevent theft) then there was no ventilation on the bottom floor where there was no fan or a/c. I am sure this wouldnt be a problem most of the year but it was actually quite warm when we were there recently. I feel screens on the windows are a must. The other thing which I found a bit odd and it occured in other motels we stayed at also, is that they only supplied shampoo and not conditioner - not sure what that is about must be an NZ thing. Overall I would return to this motel - almost forgot to mention the manager Michael was great, very helpful and he made us feel very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Great spacios room, very quiet and clean. I loved private spa pool in my apartment)
it was great value for money. Staff were helpful. Good location with many good places to eat around. I had a very very enjoyable stay. Can recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria K
Reviewed 26 January 2013

My 2 children and I have just stayed at this motel for 4 nights and it was wonderful. The room we had was fantastic, lots of room and loved our own private spa pool.
The beds were very comfortable and the cleanliness of the unit was superb. Each day our unit was serviced and was great to come back to each day. The pool is great and my children loved it and used it every day.
Cannot wait to come back during winter.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Our family of five ( 2 adults, 3 teenagers) really enjoyed our stay in a two bedroom (5 bed) spa apartment at Wylie Court for two nights. We found the staff at this hotel to be very helpful and friendly and the apartment clean, comfortable, spacious and well appointed. We really liked the option of having 3 full size single beds in the second bedroom as well as the convenience of having two bathrooms. The children also thoroughly enjoyed the spa and pool. The hotel was conveniently located close to Te Puia, a must see sight in Rotorua. We would definitely recommend this accommodation.

Room Tip: We had a rear room which was great with easy parking.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family