“If you're from out of town or have kids then you should definitely go and see!”

Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
US$113.28*
Rotorua Eco Thermal Small Group Morning Tour
Ranked #1 of 113 things to do in Rotorua
More attraction details
Owner description: "One of the 20 Most Surreal Places in the World" Trip Advisor THOUSANDS OF YEARS IN THE MAKING, explore spectacular nature at New Zealand's most colourful natural volcanic area. Walk at your own pace - view the unique Champagne Pool, Sinter Terrace formations, Steaming Ground, Bubbling Mud, Expansive Vistas, Huge Volcanic Craters. The Lady Knox Geyser erupts daily at 10.15am. Excellent facilities at modern Visitor Centre.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I am a local and have only just visited this year. I had my licence with my address on it but that wasn't proof that I was a resident nor was my Student ID and the fact that my sister had proof she lived here so getting in was a bit of a mission but we got in anyway.

I took my niece so it was a good educational tour, the flyer could do with a bit of a re-design so that it is more engaging for kids but my niece still enjoyed it.

We done the track that covers the whole park and there are some stunning features!

The Champagne Pool is breathtaking literally, it's hard to breathe when around it but it is definitely a must see.

It's amazing to see nature at it's best.

1  Thank Hali09

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We loved Wai-O-Tapu, there are easy to walk paths and something wonderful to see around every corner. The champagne pool and devil's bath were favourites.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

It was good, interesting and something you would only do once, with all the other activity thermal related this one is a little different.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely worth a visit! Much to see, easy accessible paths, variety of colours to observe.
Probably the orange and crazy green lakes are the most surprising but the rest of the park has also a lot to offer so don't give up only after first walk.

1  Thank Kasia H
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This place is good but not as good as it is shown in pics. Takes around 3 hours walk.
Lady fox Geyser is good but not 100% natural.