Cactus Jacks Backpackers
  • Pool
US$175
US$154
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$174
US$557
US$474
Agoda.com
Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$114
Agoda.com
Prince's Gate Hotel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$86
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$118
Priceline
Cedarwood Lakeside(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I booked into this hostel with another female fried. We booked into a twin room. The young guy behind the counter was not at all friendly. We were sitting outside haiving a cigarette when the owner came out and started into a rant how all Irish people are horrible and ugly! As we are two irish girls i was waitin for him to say haha just kiddin... but he didnt! We went to the ''loung'' room to watch a dvd when the only other people in the hostel - 2 older guys - came in and sat at a table watching us! Im not exaggerating when I say watching us! Very creepy. Ive been travelling for 3 whole years so I get a feeling about these things! We checked out and I would never recommend anyone to say here!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lis_2Kelly
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I’m sure when this place was newly painted it was one of the funkiest places to stay but it’s now looking a bit faded. The beds were really poor, a combination of thin foam mattresses and sagging springs or creaking slats on the bunks did not make for a good nights sleep. The hot tube was also not the cleanest. Definitely time for the owners to spend some cash.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Me and my friend spent two of our last days in NZ in this nice hostel it was one of the best und friendliest we stayed in and moreover it was the cheapest of all! =)
We had a nice time exploring Rotorua and the Red Woods and in the evening had a nice party as it was the birthday of the host's son.
definately recommendable ;)

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2011

It`s a lovely BBH when we in Rotorua, the room is adorable and warm.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We arrived and asked for a tour, it was gladly given, everything seemed down to earth, and the people were happy. There is a great communal area where you can just sit and talk, have a great time relaxing. The staff were very happy to help and suggest good places to go. We were also given discount vouchers. I will stay there again when I am next in Rotorua.
I do not remember what I paid, but I do remember thinking the price was good for a couple who were on a tight budget.
GO THERE!