“Very nice and new place to stay :)”
Review of Four Canoes Hotel

Four Canoes Hotel
“Very nice and new place to stay :)”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Very nice hostel to go. I been there 3 nights. Located between the city and the Geysers. This brand new renovated hostel is very clean and the bed are very confortable, with private shower and toilet in the 4 dorms, you will feel like in a nice hotel :) Pools and thermal spas are very nice after a long travel :) All the staff is very frendly and give you good advise and direction. Thank you Olivia for the very good reception.

• Stayed August 2013
Justine B, General Manager at Four Canoes Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
We are so glad to hear that you had a great stay with us.

Thanks very much and safe travels. :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is the best place that I have ever lived. The staff are really nice and kind. The room and all of the facilities are clean and comfortable just like ourselves house.
The kitchen quite big clean and neat like new one!
Facilities completely!!
We all enjoyed our stay had a wonderful night. If my friend come here I will introduce them to stay in Four Canoes Hostel And Bar!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are very glad to hear that you had a good stay with us and we wish you safe travels :)

Have a great day.
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I'm not usually one to stay in hostels but as funds are at a premium travelling around NZ I thought I'd give this place a bash. I saw it on Agoda and was very cheap. Didn't really have any expectations when I turned up but I immediately felt welcomed by the friendly staff at the counter.

The dorm room I stayed in was very spacious and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The hostel is also just a short walk to the town centre and to Tourism Rotorua which serves as the main transport hub for the town.

The staff were also great when it came to organising trips and suggesting things to do. Farrell suggested doing the Tamaki Maori Village tour and I'm glad she did as it was fantastic! I also got it cheaper through her than I would have if I was to get it anywhere else.

Only slight criticism I had was that the internet connection was erratic and I couldn't get any signal in my room, but the connection was fine in the kitchen which is new, clean and very modern.

If you're in rotorua you should definitely give this place a stay and you won't be disappointed :)

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Andrew M
We are so glad that you had a good stay with us here at The Four Canoes.

We wish you safe travels :)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Very nice place and an easy walk (5 minutes) to the central Rotorua. I normally do not stay in hostels, but I must say this one was great. Again it is a hostel and not 4/5 star hotel. It was on par with many 3-star hotels in the States. It is a newer hostel as they have taken over hotel recently. They are still remodeling the restaurant/lounge/bar. The common areas are look great and have everything you need. The pool was heated and clean. My wife and I stayed in the double room and it was comfortable and slept well. The bed was a double (full size) and a little small considering I am 6'3''. The private double room was spacious, more than I was expecting, and the bathroom was good sized. Other than the bed being a bit small it was a great place to stay if on a budget. The staff was amazing and friendly. They organized our activities with some discounts. All our transportation was arranged so we didn't have to drive!!! Our friend who joined us stayed in the dorm and usually stays in hostels on her journeys commented that it is one of the nicest hostels she has stayed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brett W
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us at our new hostel.

We wish you safe travels :)
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I would reccomend staying here as we had a very pleasent stay...after a long day with four children and four adults driving around with everywhere fully booked we ended up here awsome service comfortable beds as we were in the comercial rooms price wise very cheap and affordable. Would return when i next stay in rotorua. Enjoyable stay

• Stayed April 2013
Farrell B, Manager at Four Canoes Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! And we loved having you with us! We look forward to seeing you again someday soon.

The Crew at Four Canoes