All reviewsheated poolgreat poolfree wifikuirau parkenjoyed our staykids loved the poolthermal poolscomfortable bedsclose to townsky tvbedroom unitroad noisea great place to stayeasy accesslovely hostshandy locationgood size
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Really enjoyed our stay. The mangaer was so helpfull with informtion on what to do & where to go.
If in Rotorua again I would definitely stay there & I will recommend the motel to others.

Rooms were well appointed, clean & warm..

Heated pools were great.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank George N
BrijGurm, Owner at Cleveland Thermal Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay. We look forward to your next visit by which time our 2-bedroom apartments will have already been re-furbished and the gardens replanted.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

The premises are fully equipped, as well as the rooms. WIFI works quite well, compared to other motels we stayed in New Zealand. The warm water swimming pool is wonderful. Although Rotorua city center is close by (reachable by walk), the place remains quiet.
Most importantly, Brij and Ronette really enjoy welcoming visitors. Thanks to Brij's most pleasant relationship, we decided to stay one more night. Cleveland motel features are clearly adequate for families and children do have fun.

Room Tip: It seems all rooms are quiet and probably similarly comfortable, considering the way there are located around the area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rachel a
BrijGurm, Owner at Cleveland Thermal Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Thanks for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. You are right, the Cleveland is perfect for children to have fun while on holiday. We will continue making sure the grounds and the rooms are comfortable & clean. Come back soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

We are currently touring NZ and our friends had booked a 2 bed apartment at the Cleveland; On arrival we were amazed at the lovely hanging baskets that adorned the whole complex they looked really stunning, sadly the apartment was no where near as stunning with aged fixtures and fittings and a smell of damp, it was in need of a serious makeover, our hosts were apologetic and advised that they were due to start the redecoration on Monday, The beds were fairly comfortable and the rooms warm, Please to advise there was a decorater on site when we left Monday morning

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
BrijGurm, Owner at Cleveland Thermal Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

We are glad you appreciated the hanging flower baskets; we are often asked if the flowers are real. The hanging baskets will be changed next week for winter. Yes, you are right; the make-over of the rooms did start on the Monday you left and you saw the first of several tradesmen working. The 2-bedroom apartments are getting re-painted, new carpet, new bathroom, new lights, new mattresses and a more efficient ventilation system. Also, quite a few areas of our gardens have been re-planted. You won't recognise the apartment when you next visit.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We booked two studio rooms for our party of five and were not disappointed. The rooms were side by side, and the motel is well laid out so that everything feels convenient.The kids loved the pool and we loved that it was open for a good part of the day. The rooms are a little dated but very clean and included everything that we needed, including great heating and plenty of hot water (perhaps my only moan, that the shower was a little hot!). The hosts are lovely, very welcoming and just awesome when I had a problem that needed them to go the extra mile. I can't thank them enough.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
BrijGurm, Owner at Cleveland Thermal Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay. We have a team of painters, plumbers, carpet layer & electrician starting on Monday 6 May on a makeover of the 2-bedroom apartments.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with my kids who have severe food allergies. I booked online and further communicated with Brij to check on the kitchen facilities as this was vital for me to be able to cook full meals for my kids as takeaways are not an option for us.

Brij replied quickly and professionally, giving full information and confirming all the little details I needed to know. Going above and beyond, he organized for our unit to have the carpets and sofas professionally cleaned prior to our arrival to further help ensure the safety of my allergy kids. To me, this made the trip, as it meant I could be a bit more relaxed about my kids' safety.

We arrived and were warmly greeted by Brij and when we got to our room found a great 2 bdrm unit, clean, warm and exactly what we needed.

Our whole stay here was great, our needs were met perfectly, the mineral pools were fantastic, the kids' play area wonderful and included two brand new trampolines.

Other little touches that went above and beyond included being greeted by my name each time I went to reception, being given great advice showing a good knowledge of the local area and having a thank you card with a box of chocolates given to me prior to departure.

This is an excellent value for money motel, and the service and attitude are exactly what will make this motel a successful as the new owners work on restoring the motel to its former glory.

Having said that, I found the motel in its current state quite acceptable. Sure it could use a little work (which is underway), but its clean, comfortable and warm. And for the price charged its unbeatable value for money.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Cleveland Motel.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank JulieMil

Your review made our day; thank you. It was a pleasure having you & your family stay at the Cleveland. We enjoyed talking to your mum; sounds like she is a great cook!