All reviewsheated poolgreat poolfree wifikuirau parkenjoyed our staykids loved the poolthermal poolscomfortable bedsclose to townsky tvbedroom unitroad noisea great place to stayeasy accesslovely hostshandy locationgood size
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Greetings from Malaysia! Our family of 6 enjoyed our stay at Cleveland Motel on the 8th. The owner, Brij was very friendly and gave great advise on places to visit. The room was very clean and everything needed was provided. The kitchen and utensils were very impressive. This motel is like home away from home. Thank you, Brij for making my family feel so welcomed. We only wished we could stay longer....next time! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The motel owner was friendly and welcoming. The room was clean but the bedding was old. The room was also very hot and did not have air conditioning. I wouldn't choose this motel again if staying in Rotorua. The room did have a double bed and a single bed so it would be good value for a family of three.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Our parents and we stayed at the Cleveland Motel in November 2013 and were really impressed with the customer service and cleanliness of the place! The owners, Brij and Ronette (and Happy the Cat), were like having family in a foreign country. They drove us and picked us up, whenever possible, to the downtown area of Rotorua (less than 5 minute drive), Agrodome Show, and the Skyline Luge. They even helped us with things to do in the area! This rustic place is clean and they are almost done with the renovation. Our parents particularly LOVED the motel thermal water pool (accommodated the four of us comfortably) which allowed them the privacy and the flexibility to use it whenever they wanted. Hot springs water was like a miracle drug for their skin! The thermal water at Cleveland Motel felt better and cleaner than the Polynesian Spa thermal water, and it was free! It was also very convenient to have one of the best meat pie bakery in Rotorua and a grocery store across the street. We used the kitchen in our motel rooms and the laundry machines in the premises regularly. They also have a lovely garden and pristinely clean swimming pool. Anyone who loves to soak in hot springs water and likes the personal touch of a boutique hotel should definitely check out the Cleveland Motel! Thanks Brij and Ronette for making our stay in Rotorua FANTASTIC!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kncmmc
BrijGurm, Owner at Cleveland Thermal Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

We thank you for your kind words and are pleased to you enjoyed your stay at the Cleveland. You are right, our pools are really great. It was a pleasure to be of service to you. Wishing you and your parents a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This motel does what I think a motel should - provides you a clean shower, a comfortable bed and a place for breakfast!
It doesn't look much from the outside, and the room we stayed in for 2 nights was old and in need of decor. However, as with other accommodation I have stayed in, where old equates dirty, this was absolutely spotless, I can't stress that enough. Large, spacious room, with fresh linen and a comfortable bed and large television. We had good maid service with fresh towels.
The bathroom and shower were a good size, and again, spotlessly clean. Hairdryer, soap and shampoo were provided.
The kitchenette was well stocked, and we received a carton of milk when we checked in. Lots of cutlery, cups, dishes, etc and a new kettle. Tea, coffee, washing up liquid, etc.
We stayed in a unit near the main road, which wasn't noisy at all, and the office were really helpful with any questions, and provided free wi-fi.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
BrijGurm, Owner at Cleveland Thermal Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

You are so right. Thank you. A number of our guests tell us they love staying at the Cleveland because they can tick 3 boxes which are important to them: A comfortable bed, a clean room and a good, strong shower that wakes them up. Yes, the studio units are comfortable as they are however, we start refurbishing them in January to make them more comfortable. Happy travelling.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This motel is a real gem. The owners are lovely people and very helpful. Nothing was too much effort and they are extremely friendly. I thought my room was great, very clean and spacious, then I found out it wasn't even one of the refurbished rooms (I was sure it was). It is in a great position, close to the lake, parks, city centre and a lot of great attractions. For the price this would have to be one of the best motels I have stayed in and great value. Yes, I have stayed in Sheratons and Novotels etc but the friendliness and the fun at the Cleveland is something money can't buy.

It is an awesome place for families, couples or singles. Whilst I cooked dinner on the free BBQ my granddaughters played on the fantastic playground. I loved the huge outdoor heated pool but the deal swinger for me was the hot mineral baths.

Brij and Ronette have done a fantastic job doing this motel up and their service is unsurpassed. They also have great suggestions for touring and are very knowledgable on the local and greater areas. You will not be disappointed if you stay there and I definitely will be staying there next time I am in Rotorua.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
BrijGurm, Owner at Cleveland Thermal Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and will return. The Cleveland is not a flash place; instead it offers rooms that feel like home, with lots of space for everyone. We are passionate about our guests. All of which you experienced during your recent stay. Thank you for your feedback.