“Customer service excellent highly recommend this place”
Review of Ascot On Fenton

Ascot On Fenton
Ranked #55 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Mosgiel, Otago, New Zealand
“Customer service excellent highly recommend this place”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I stayed at this motel for 5nights .got picked up from airport by owner of motel and as a women travelling on my own the owner and staff were very helpful in sharing with me what to do around Rotorua.The owner took time out of her own day to drive me to a couple of appointments outside of Rotorua .Rooms very comfortable and clean which was serviced every day .Spa bath out in courtyard was very relaxing and being on my own felt very safe being out in courtyard ..Tvs in both rooms lounge was very comfortable . Bed was very comfortable ... It is in a great location with super market across the road and very close to shopping centre .Easy walking distance to town centre and all the township has to offer ..i would highly recommend this place for it customer service and friendly staff and owners and the location .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 August 2013

One thing that a customer would want to experience a worthwhile vacation aside from the clean, complete facilities, and a tidy hotel is the superb quality customer service that the staff will provide, both actual and through delivery in phone calls. This was what i had experienced when i did the phone call booking through this hotel since the receptionists had made me feel important and had never missed a warm welcoming greetings. This is what most hotels had failed to exemplify but not for Ascot on Fenton at Rotorua. Two thumbs UP and keep it UP!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Irene D
Taranaki Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed at this motel for 1 night. It was comfortable and clean.
It is a little outdated but everything we needed was there, we had the studio unit.
We did enjoy the spa pool in the court yard, it was so relaxing.
We were in one of the back flats and the manager did warn us the water took a while to heat, but the shower was cold then hot then cold again, it was quite a mission to have a shower.
Manager was lovely, as were all the people that we came in contact with in Rotorua. eg The Art Café, AMI, and 2 lovely volunteers in the gift shop Take A Look. Good on you Rotorua, we will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ShonaH569
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 April 2013

There are 3 adults staying in a 2 bedroom unit. However, do be aware that a 2 bedroom unit is a studio + a 1 bedroom unit connected by an interconnecting door (we were awareness of this at time of booking). The studio is upstairs. Nothing wrong with this. Do be aware the upstairs unit has a shower over the bath with a curtain (I have a thing about curtains)! Would I sit in this bath - well probably not it doesn't look that inviting. However, I will have a spa that is in a tidy little courtyard just off the main bedroom..

TVs in both rooms are 21". The rooms are clean, but tired.

The downstairs 1 bedroom only has a 2 seater sofa - one of us has to sit on a dining room chair, although my husband who is very accommoating said he does not have a problem with this. There is a dining table that sits 2 - 4. We have 6 dining room chairs. I would prefer 4 dining room chairs and an extra sofa chair (there is room in the lounge area for one). I did ask for this, but the request could not be accommodated - they did try to fulfill this request.

The reception we received was fine.

We are staying here over Anzac weekend so the rates are inflated. However, I was able to book through booking.com and got a reasonable rate. Should I have had to pay premum, I would have had that sinking feeling going on.

The motel is in a great location right across the road from a major supermarket and very close to the shopping centre.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Tauranga
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My partner n I stopped over on our way back from Hawkes Bay. The property looked expensive but wasn't. Extremely friendly and helpful manager and staff couldn't do enough for us. Bed was comfortable and a decent size spa - proper tub, not a bath. Unit was very clean and roomy. Will definitely go back there again next time we're in Rotorua.

Room Tip: These folks were professional and took the time to point out all the newer attractions since our las...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 745anneh
Otorohanga, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Well i dont think ive met ruder people in my life!! me, my partner and my friends stayed here for one night in the weekend. the lady seen that we had tattoos and obviously straight away felt that she needed to warn us that the "boss's sister was right next door to us" there was a confrontaion between my partner and the man that worked there about "allocated car parks" but according to him there were none. but he had reserved one for his friend. how is that not allocated? surely your paying customers should be first priority! he was very hostile towards my partner who is a woman and called her a stupid [--]! he got in her face and looked like he wanted to hit her! it wasnt relaxing like we had planned our weekend to be and we wont be going back. there are plenty more places to stay in rotorua that are amazing and friendly and welcoming. very highly UNreccommended. :(

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Hilaryruth, Manager at Ascot On Fenton, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
It is a shame that this group, whom we tried so hard to please, have downed us so badly. However, to the thousands of folks to who stay with us and give us fantastic reports, our sincere thanks - we take our job seriously and work very hard at it.
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We stayed 1 night, very clean and comfortable, the lady that own the motel was very nice and friendly. The motel is position within walking distance of the shopping mall and town, well almost all things. I would recommend this to family and friends if they were going to Rotorua.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple