All reviews spa pool countdown supermarket large supermarket close to town great place to stay self catering awesome stay handy location hot tub great spa busy road fenton street cooking facilities free wifi stayed here for nights room was spacious places to visit
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Despite some rough weather recently on a weekend break to Rotorua, the Rotovegas Motel and their lovely hosts more than helped make up for this. We got the Retro spa room for a great deal and really enjoyed the extra space, huge spa with pink flamingos and funky decor. Natalie gave a great recommendation for the Croucher Craft brewery where we also ran into the friendly guys from the MBT shop/bike hire (we love the manky map!) nr the Redwoods forest. The housekeepers were brillant helping us dry out our soaked wet weather gear thanks.
Also highly recommend the Polynesian spa at dusk (adult pools), Sabroso restaurant - con Margaritas buenas! Zippys coffee with pebbles and the great McLeods bookshop for recommending some hot springs to bathe in the wild. Look forward to returning in summer. Catherine & Airton

Room tip: Excellent Studio spa unit with style and no road noise
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank catherine g
HeywoodsMotel, Owner at RotoVegas Motel of Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Kia ora Catherine,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review ROTOVEGAS MOTEL. I really do like to ensure our guest’s needs are taking care of, so it is great when guests ring and book, that way I can ensure they get the best VALUE and ROOM type for their MONEY/BUDGET (you get what you pay for)! Glad you liked it the RETRO SPA UNIT.
WOW you almost ticked off all of Bryce and my ROTOVEGAS MOTEL BUCKET LIST - with Zippy Cafe, The Brew Bar, Sabroso and McLeod book store! As for the Manky Map glad you like that too as we RotoVegas Motel/House are going to advertise on it for 2013. We would like to see more HIKER/BIKERS & WALKER stay with us.
I hope the sunny is shining in Raglan.
Natalee & Bryce

Reviewed 9 October 2012

We feel that our stay was everything we expected and more for the price , Amazing deal, Amazing Hosts with great local knowledge of where to eat, what activities would be suitable for our young family, the perfect cultural tour, everything they suggested was exactly what we wanted. We couldn't have been happier with our stay. The units were spacious clean and had a Large Family spa pool , "Kids couldn't be leave it". Really quite and handy to town a central location handy to everthing. Thanks Nat & Bruce you guys are doing a great Job (and your wee kids are doing great too :) Kindest Regards Chere Bill Grace & Solomon

Room tip: Ring and talk to hosts to get the perfect requirements.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
HeywoodsMotel, Owner at RotoVegas Motel of Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Kia Ora Chere, Bill, Grace & Solomon,

Thank you for the great review, coming from EX Motel Owners (I hope the sell went well) Bryce and I are DELIGHTED we could EXCEED your EXPECTATIONS. I am so glad you felt Rotovegas Motel is THE PLACE TO STAY for LOCATION and VALUE FOR MONEY. It was nice to hear the kids got to experience the Big Splash at Rainbow Springs and visited the Geothermal parks we suggested. Having kids of our own, we like to share our local family knowledge of Rotorua to ensure your stay is a FUN one.
I do hope you got to visit the Third Place Cafe on route out of town - thanks again for the eggs!
We could have spoken to you about the motel world all day - thanks again for staying with us.
Cheers Natalee, Bryce , Thornton & Maclyn.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

We were on our way back from the east coast when I decided last minute to stop on our way back to auckland to rest and unwind. With two kids aged 7 months and 5 it was a great relief to find Nat and Bryce had room for us. The kids and I jumped straight I the pool and had a great night. The room was really spacious even though it was a studio there was room for my mum too.She made use of the in room spa which she really enjoyed. The retro theme was tastefully done and not over the top the bedding was extremely clean and comfortable and Bryce even delivered the portacot with linen to the door. I would thoroughly recommend Rotovegas motel after travelling for many years and using Rotorua as a base I have stayed in many motels in the area and this one is by far the friendliest family orientated but equally good for corporates.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
HeywoodsMotel, Owner at RotoVegas Motel of Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2012

Kia Ora Tia,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor. I am glad we had one last room for you and your family. Our RETRO SPA units are a really good size for two or three (or even two little kids probably under 5s). I am glad you got to use the OUTSIDE HEATED POOL - it is wonderful for kids.
We hope to see you again down this way sometime soon.
All the best with starting work (again).

Cheers Natalee @ RotoVegas Motel

Reviewed 2 October 2012

When you're visiting the geothermal area - try to get a room at Rotovegas! Because the Rotovegas first had no vacancy we had to sleep at another motel for one night (for the same price) and regret it. What a relief when we could move to our clean, new and bright (and very large!) room at the Rotovegas the next morning. Our hosts were so nice and helped us with planning our tours and recommended us routes and sights around Rotorua. We enjoyed our stay there a lot and would always again go there! You get very good value for your money! (At other motels you pay the same price and don't get as much value). We would recommend it!
(We stayed there for 2 nights in September).
Ps: There's free Wifi and free on-site parking!

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Kia Ora Barbara,

WOW - thank you for the AMAZING review.
Bryce and I have been here for two year now, and have done a lot to upgrade this property. I am glad you feel Rotovegas Motel has the BEST LOCATION to town on (Fenton Street) and across the road from the Supermarket. Our cleaning staff are wonderful and try extremely hard to ensure all units a 'sparkling' for our guests arrival! It is also our job to ensure you have a great time in Rotorua, so I am so glad you stayed with us for two night to see it all.
We are still upgrading our property with new bathrooms/showers/outside play area for kid/bbq for 2012 summer.
But the best part is that we are GREAT VALUE for money - we don't try and be the best 5 five, if you want the Ritz then you'll have to PAY FOR IT! - we are family/traveller friendly - GREAT ROOMS FOR A GREAT PRICE.
Thanks again and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday - Cheers Natalee & Bryce

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights beginning of the October school holidays and booked our 1 bedroom family unit online. Unfortunately there was a gliche in the online booking system that booked us into the 1 bedroom economy room. Perfectly good room, but had a double bed instead of queen - not at all good when you are over 6 foot. Only realised this too late at night so sucked it up for the night. Dealt with Natalie in the morning who put things right and even got the staff to shift our gear over to the new room. All very professional and friendly. Just wish it didn't happen cause it was a real inconvenience for us for our second day as we couldn't get back into the room until after 2pm. The new room was superb - just what I thought i had booked. The hot pool is awesome and we used it sometimes twice a day - just wish the opening hours where a little more flexible. There is also a large size trampoline and bryce tells me they are putting in a playground for kids sometime soon. Parking can be a bit of a squeeze. Rotovegas was so central and having the supermarket accross the road was really handy. We highly recommend this motel - maybe a check in just check that you are been put in the correct room type to avoid the issues we had. i am sure they will be sorting this out though.

Hi Louise,

Thank you for taking the time to review RotoVegas Motel on Tripadvisor.
Firstly we were extremely sorry about the mix up with your booking when you arrived. As I explained we had a Minder looking after the motel when you check-in and sadly she did not pick up the fact you were meant to be in our FAMILY UNIT and the wrong room was allocated (we have over 6 styles of rooms). You will be pleased to know Bryce and I always confirm with our guests when they arrive - how many nights/guests/and room type they have booked on-line to ensure what they think they have booked is what they have booked! I hope you enjoyed the chocolates (we left in your family unit) as we appreciate the upset this can cause to your holiday.
Glad you also enjoyed OUR LOCATION and our OUTSIDE HEATED POOL the opening hours are from 8am-9pm which we feel is good for families and our corporate/couples, as some guests do not like to be woken up at 7am due to kids swimming - like wise at night due to safety (dark) and noise we feel 9pm is suitable opening hours for the pool complex.
We are GREAT VALUE for money here at ROTOVEGAD MOTEL. Our FAMILY units have NEW BATHROOMS and FLATSCREEN TVs in both the lounge and the bedroom and FREE WiFi and PARKIGN all of this for the price of some small studios at other motels on Fenton Street!
We hope to see you back again in the summer.
Cheers Natalee & Bryce @ RotoVegas Motel