“first class in every respect”
Review of Geneva Motor Lodge

Geneva Motor Lodge
Ranked #32 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
“first class in every respect”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

we stayed here for three nights and the owner was so helpful as well as cooking breakfast - gave us good advice on where to go, what to see and even offered to book a hotel ahead for us.
Good customer relations - vouchers - timings for events - offer of booking them too - could not have done any more. Sheryll & Bill are super hosts.
highly recommended.

Room Tip: they all seem to be very good but always better to ask to see the rooms before you agree to take it...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Genevamotorlodge, Owner at Geneva Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
We are pleased to hear Carol that you enjoyed your stay with us and are only too pleased to assist all our guests to help make their stay in Rotorua an enjoyable and memorable experience.
Hope the rest of your trip was the same

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We recently spent a two night stay at the Geneva Motor Lodge Motel in Rotrua.Our hosts Bill and Sheryll were very welcoming upon arriaval and were very good at making recommedations of what local attractions to visit and were able to provide some discount vouchers to some attaractions which was most welcolming . We stayed in a ground floor 1 bed appartment which a had one Queen double bed in a seperate bedroom with a single bed and a double pull out Sofa bed in the sitting /kitchenette room.There was a good size shower/toilet room and out on the back courtyard was a self fill jacuzzi bath which was fun to use. The room was was ideal for a family of 5 and the room was very clean and well kept.We were able to park our car virtually outside our room and the location of the Geneva Motor Lodge was ideally suited to the town centre, Lake front and and local restaurants.

I Jordan

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments and pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We would be only too pleased to host you next time you are visiting Rotorua
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The room was big, bed was comfortable and the spa very relaxing.
It is a short drive into town, I walked in to do shopping and to the hot pools in 20 minutes.
General fruit and veg purchases can be made locally to the motel.
I think soy milk could be offered instead of only cow.
Also a herb tea in the rooms could be included instead of just black tea and coffee.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Genevamotorlodge, Owner at Geneva Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you Leonie for taking the time to post your review it is very much appreciated. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in NZ catching up with your family
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have stayed in Geneva Motor Lodge for more than 10 times and I highly recommend it for all couples visiting Rotorua!

Every room in this motor lodge comes with its own private spa pool! You'll LOVE the massaging spa right next to the bed if you're a couple, or the larger 6 person spa (sheltered) in the backyard if you're with the family. The rate is very good too, cheaper than most of the other motels on the same street, and others don't even come with the indoor spa pools!

Very tidy and clean, most of all the owners are the friendliest people you'll meet in Rotorua!

*Try the cooked breakfast prepared by Bill, the owner of the hotel, it is very Kiwi style and easily beats most of the cafe breakfast which is twice the price, just remember to order it the night before.

Shane

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and are pleased to hear you always enjoy visits. We look forward to seeing you again soon
Reviewed 6 November 2013

A very well presented motel. Great, friendly service from Sheryll and Don. Very knowledgable about the Rotorua region. Couldn't do enough to help us..Great to have our own private courtyard and spa pool. Keith and Pam.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I had a terrible experience with the host of Geneva Motor Lodge during my two nights visit. On two occasions, we felt like leaving the motel and going to another motel - first within the few minutes when we entered our room there was a strong stale fishy smell in the whole one bedroom apartment including the inside of the cupboard and draws. We opened our door, all windows, cupboard doors for many hours, even until late night to get the smell out of the room. I even hung the curtains for better ventilation. The cleaners had put some sort of air fresher when they cleaned the room minutes before we arrived and we could smell that too. Terrible yakee smell which no one likes to begin their holiday with.

The next when we were blamed and demanded to pay for making a pot mark on the kitchen bench, something that I did not do. The small pot in question which made the mark was never used for cooking by me at all, however I did use the pot to empty my leftovers the next morning and washed my bigger pots. This was cold food. It was barely 24 hours since we had arrived and what was suppose to be our two nights relaxing and enjoyable holiday was turned into stressful and disastrous one. We wanted to leave the rooms immediately but for the sake of our kid who was keen to bath in spa, we stayed on for another night and barely slept because the whole time my husband and I were thinking of why are they blaming this on us when I even saw the mark on the bench when I was cooking but cared less because it was not my doing so I was neither bothered nor worried about it. Despite me trying to explain to the host that I did not use the pot in question and I saw the mark when I was cooking, the lady insisted that I did it and she stood by her decision and she later slapped me a bill of $250 demanding payment. I will make sure that I tell at least 100 people so that they are aware of what happens and do not become victims like me. I told the host before, I am telling her now and I will tell anyone one million times that I did not do that and I was unfairly treated and my honesty and integrity was challenged. I would have willingly and openly declared and paid every cent for the damage that I may have caused, but in a situation like this where I am told I am the culprit despite me trying to express my views which were never heard and taken into consideration makes me feel sad and worried about the future holiday makers and tourist. MY ADVICE TO OTHER USERS IS PLEASE THINK AGAIN BEFORE BOOKING HOLIDAY THERE.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Sesh2013
Genevamotorlodge, Owner at Geneva Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
WE are dissappointed that you have chosen to make these untruthful comments to both Trip Advisor & Host Accommdation. As we can guarantee that this Burn Mark was NOT on the bench prior to your arrival. When I pointed it out to you, you said you didn't know what I was talking about and asked me to show you, yet in your review and letter to Host you said you noticedthe mark when you were cooking!!!!. Also he Fishy Smell!! Why was there no mention of this during your stay wven when you were denying the damage to the bench??
You have now paid for the damage( which one would think is an admission of guilt) But I would like to think that you will think twice before you make these uncalled comments agin which only do damage to our businesses.
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We enjoyed a lovely family weekend away and found our room just perfect for 2 adults and 1 child. The room was immaculate and we loved the use of the spa pool, this was a great bonus and now a must have. Bill and Sheryll were wonderful helpful hosts and next time we visit Rotorua we will definatley be coming back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Erin L
Genevamotorlodge, Owner at Geneva Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, these comments are always encouraging