“back in the days”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Whanganui, New Zealand
“back in the days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was talking to my girl about her trip to my old home town they stayed for a weekend and went to a great fish and chip shop ever and I ask were was it she not no the town so I googled it . and it was it I remember I was hooked on one in the 1980s and it was it loved it still going strong the best shop ever to sell fish and chips and my grandad kids said the best ever gran.i was lunch each day and pots out on the road side for tea loved that place steam food area cheap power bills boiling mud pools around hot bath outdoors

• Visited March 2014

Rotorua, New Zealand
“Great fish and chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best fish and chip shops in Rotorua. I had so many massive let downs going elsewhere when I finally stumbled on this place. I had a snapper crumbed which was so yum and the chips were really nice and crunchy too. It was cool to be able to go and eat it at the lake while it was fresh as well.

Visited October 2013
Abingdon, United Kingdom
“superb fish and chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

great tasting fish&chips, was well worth the wait, better tasted in the wrappings, no greasy food here, brill service, food hot, not to be missed.

• Visited January 2014
London
“Superb fish and chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stopped here by chance on the way back to our hotel for a late lunch of chips, potato cakes and some fish. We ended up eating from the paper wrappings at the side of the lake and it was great.

Service was prompt and staff were very pleasant. The food was hot, well cooked and especially the potato cakes were not overly battered. Prices were much lower than we expected and all in all it was a great tasting take-away lunch. The punchline of the shop is "Bloody Marvellous Fish & Chips", and we can only agree.

If in Rotorua again, I'd be more than happy to have food from here again.

• Visited August 2013
“Best fish and chips I've had in a long long long time.. True old school NZ fish and chips.. I wish this shop was in my home tow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

Loved it ! Service was super friendly .. chips were crispy / non greasy .. Fish was fresh .. Batter was perfect .. My burger was absolutely delicious with a steamed bun and possibly a hint of something special in the sauce .. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who want to try authentic NZ takeaway experience the way it used to be .. Even got a free cup of quality coffee while we waited .. A great and unexpected find

• Visited April 2013
arash a, Owner at The Fish and Chip Shop, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear Futuraxman
Thank you for your comments and glad you enjoyed your complete experience at The Fish & Chip Shop.
Our aim is to give that good old 'Kiwi Hospitality' and just 'bloody awesome food' to all that cross our threshold.
Hope to see you our way again in the future - there's always a friendly smile and a cuppa coffee!