“If you only have time for 1 thing...THIS IS IT!!!!”

Rotorua Canopy Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$107.23*
and up
Rotorua Forest Zipline Canopy Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Opened in August 2012. Explore the ancient forest of the Mamaku Plateau 10 minutes from Rotorua on New Zealand's only native forest zipline canopy tour. An incredible experience built and opened in 2012 this 3 hour eco adventure includes tree platforms up to 22 metres above the forest floor, 6 ziplines and 2 tree to tree swing bridges. In small groups of up to ten people you will be accompanied by two highly trained guides who will teach you about the rare New Zealand flora and fauna and the conservation efforts to protect them. Every plant and tree species you see, you will not see in any other country on earth!!
San Antonio, Texas, USA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If you only have time for 1 thing...THIS IS IT!!!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Fun, welcoming, and informative staff. Easy hike in a gorgeous forest. Learned about the flora and fauna, and the importance of the predator-reduction program. Hand-fed two wild birds. Flew on the ziplines, and made our way along rope bridges. And, if someone (like me) misses their landing and gets stuck out on the line...they have a wonderful way to retrieve you, so no worries. Enjoy!

1 Thank V_R_and_M

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New Plymouth, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing tour and people”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Can not fault this great tour by zip line through a beautiful native forest! The tour guides made this an excellent adventure for me and my partner. Highly recommended. Thank you to Lee and Anna!

1 Thank Pippen83033
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Never to be forgotten experience”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was the most awsome day - to be taken to the most beautiful spot of NZ forest and allowed the privilege of zipping your way through above the treetops was simply amazing. The guides showed incredible wisdom in accommodating the needs of the youngest to the oldest, to the scaredest to the most confident. I felt very safe at all times whilst having fun fun fun!! The safety routines were obvious and never at any stage did the guides loose sight of that! Can't recommend it more highly! I would go back tomorrow!

1 Thank storkassistant
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime opportunity”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I am not exaggerating when I say that, of all the things my husband and I did on our honeymoon in NZ (in July 2013), *this* experience is my favorite and is the one that sticks with me the most. Our tour leaders were knowledgeable, professional, and entertaining. I loved learning about the history of the Rotorua rain forest and about the ways their tour company was trying to combat the spread of invasive species which were killing off native birds and wildlife. I'm glad we could contribute, in some small way, to such an important endeavor. While on the zip lines I felt perfectly safe and secure and had a delightful time zipping through the canopy.

If you have a few extra bucks, I recommend investing in the GoPro camera - I'm so glad I did - now my husband and I watch our videos and imagine ourselves back in that lovely forest whenever we want.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank chrissy s
Epsom, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fantastic Forest Adventure”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

What a brilliant adventure - stunning forest scenery, brilliant guides (Lee and Julian) and some awesome zip lining. This is a fantastic thing to do for the whole family - our 6 year old son couldn't get enough of it. Highly recommended!!

1 Thank Charlotte M