“NIce chicken kadhai”

Ranked #87 of 225 Restaurants in Rotorua
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Chimney Indian Restaurant, one of Rotorua's most popular spots for the Entrees, tandooris and curries of India. We're open 7 days a week
Estonia
“NIce chicken kadhai”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I ordered a take away. and made a mistake of challenging the chef. I asked him to make as spicy as possible.
and it was DAMN hot. though i enjoyed it. I offered it to my landlord. and they can't even dare to finish a spoonful:P

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Saurabh P

London, United Kingdom
“I ate there twice”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I had lunch special which was curry, rice and Nan, the food was really delicious and of very good value. So next day I decided to visit the Chimneys again where I had Masala Dosa, Lassi and I bought some Pokoda/Paratha to take away, they packed it well for me. They do take longer to make food but then it is freshly cooked. I definitely recommend Chimney`s for good food at great value.

Visited February 2014
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Just don't order fish tikka!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I am trying to be fair to assess my experience at this restaurant. I have travelled a lot and eaten Indian dishes everywhere including Delhi. However to my surprize I got fish pakora masked as fish tandoor dish. If I wanted a breaded and deep fried fish I would've made it clear to the waiter but it just wasn't what I asked for. When I complained the waiter told me that's how they make it here. That was the answer. Fish and chips Indian style!. On our way out the chef came out and admitted that indeed that dish wasn't what I ordered however they wouldn't take it back or suggest we don't pay for it. Usually I don't complain about my food but I really had a bad experience. I do rate it as average though and not worse because my husband thought his curry dish wasn't bad. And it wasn't expensive. But they should treat customers better!

• Visited March 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Well Worth a Visit”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

As is our custom while travelling we check the Trip Advisor site for hotel and restaurant reviews and choose accordingly. While in Rotorua we chose Chimney because of its good reviews and were not disappointed. The head chef has worked in 5 star hotels in India and Sri Lanka with over 18 years experience in preparing mouth watering north and south Indian cuisine. We were warmly welcomed and were well looked after during our visit. The menu is extensive with a great choice which makes the ordering process time consuming - but in a good way as everything sounds delicious! Our dinner plates came heated Yay! We enjoyed our selection of dishes and the servings were more than adequate with just the right amount of heat. We chose Medium as the Hot was Indian Hot! The big bowl of rice was left on our table. Our water was refilled regularly. We really enjoyed the food and will return the next time we visit Rotorua.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank barfeet
Rotorua
“Very good food at an affordable price.”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The food was very good and very well priced. The service was good if a bit slow. I think they were understaffed. But it is good to have conversation and time to digest between courses so I will definitely be going back.

• Visited February 2014