“Very satisfied customers!!”

Ranked #73 of 256 Restaurants in Rotorua
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Chimney Indian Restaurant, one of Rotorua's most popular spots for the Entrees, tandooris and curries of India. We're open 7 days a week
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We were walking passed. ..and the smell drew us in. ...great customer service, value for money and delicious. .best butter chicken I have ever had. ..will be dining there again. ..even got a loyalty card with 3 stamps.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Butter chicken was bland and made with very poor quality chicken. was mild as mild can be and I clearly asked for medium. Lamb Korma was average, have had much better. Naan was about half the size I am used to receiving from other Indian eatery's in Rotorua. Side salad was good. Overall do not recomend

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I ordered a take away. and made a mistake of challenging the chef. I asked him to make as spicy as possible.
and it was DAMN hot. though i enjoyed it. I offered it to my landlord. and they can't even dare to finish a spoonful:P

1  Thank Saurabh P
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I had lunch special which was curry, rice and Nan, the food was really delicious and of very good value. So next day I decided to visit the Chimneys again where I had Masala Dosa, Lassi and I bought some Pokoda/Paratha to take away, they packed it well for me. They do take longer to make food but then it is freshly cooked. I definitely recommend Chimney`s for good food at great value.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I am trying to be fair to assess my experience at this restaurant. I have travelled a lot and eaten Indian dishes everywhere including Delhi. However to my surprize I got fish pakora masked as fish tandoor dish. If I wanted a breaded and deep fried fish I would've made it clear to the waiter but it just wasn't what I asked for. When I complained the waiter told me that's how they make it here. That was the answer. Fish and chips Indian style!. On our way out the chef came out and admitted that indeed that dish wasn't what I ordered however they wouldn't take it back or suggest we don't pay for it. Usually I don't complain about my food but I really had a bad experience. I do rate it as average though and not worse because my husband thought his curry dish wasn't bad. And it wasn't expensive. But they should treat customers better!