“Hunt of a lifetime!”

Basic Instincts Hunting and Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide Hunting or Fishing experiences and Cultural/Ecological adventures for novices through to experts. With 35+ years experience in professional hunting, ecological research and outdoor education and training, the Team from Basic Instincts we can cater for all your hunting and fishing needs.
Chesterfield, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Hunt of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I had the best experience with Basic Insticts Hunting! They are more than just a business, they are good people who made my dream a reality. I made the long trip back to the US with my dream Red Stag & memories with new friends that will last a lifetime.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Tracy F

Herning, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“One of the best trips in my life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

This is the story of one of the best trips in my life (and not just hunting trips). Initially I was about to describe the whole experience with Basic Instincts when I realized after writing the first page that this would only interest me and my relatives, so here is the shortened version. We were four guys studying in New Zealand (NZ) from Denmark. Two of us are hunters and since NZ is a paradise for hunters we did an extensive research online where we stumbled upon Basic Instincts. We found their prices perfect for us students and agreed on the terms via email and phone so they adapted to our needs completely. They showed great flexibility towards us in any aspect and yet again they adapted to the difference in level of hunting experience between the two of us (actually our third mate joined us for the two last days and had a blast as well).
The actual hunting started with my mate stalking red deer in challenging and interesting terrain where the guidance lead to seeing a lot of animals but no real shooting possibility to start with. After some hours, the luck was with us, as we saw some hinds which ran away but the stag hadn’t spotted us. My mate got in a perfect shooting position and fired and the stag fell to the ground. My mate happiness can’t be explained as this was his first kill. So the rest of day passed by with getting the stag back to the camp. At dinner the same night we joked about how I wanted to hunt a pig but the question was how? Traditionally back in Denmark hunting a pig with a knife was unheard of but this was the way to do in NZ. So we joked about that I’m not in shape to do it and the joking continued for the rest of the night. So the morning came and we went out and stalked and stalked some traces but no luck to begin with. We reached midday and talked about trying later in the evening when the guide proposed to try a last area. On the way there the dog showed signs and as we approached we could see a boar. So for the last time the guide asked, rifle or knife? I don’t know what got in me but the adrenalin was already pumping so I answered knife! This decision will I never regret, never! Without getting in to many details the adrenalin was pumping so quickly in my body that somehow the boar had hurt me as I was bleeding from my hand but I didn’t realize it all until the guide pointed it out for me.
Additionally after staying with them for almost a week, when leaving them, it felt like leaving real family and not just a hunting business. Lastly the outcome of the trip far exceeded our expectations, we learned a lot about hunting, nature, relaxation and kindness of kiwis. I am definitely going back to visit them.

Visited October 2012