Diana's Place Lake View Accommodation
  • Pool
US$190
US$159
  • Pool
Prince's Gate Hotel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$103
Arista of Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$134
Holiday Inn Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$147
Agoda.com
Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$113
Agoda.com
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$111
US$559
US$472
Priceline
All reviewsthe penthousemid winterlocation was perfecta bit tiredapartmentbedroomlake
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We stayed in a Standard Queen room that opened on to busy Lake road, Rotorua. We were under the impression that it was a B&B style accommodation. The website over promised and under delivered.

Tea/coffe/ sugar/milk and juice was supplied but there were no knives or cutlery or plates. There was however a jug and toaster.

The shower required a footstool to gain entry from a large step up.

Decor was dated buut okay.

There was no onsite reception or staff.

On the plus side it was within easy walking distance to excellent restaurants in the centre of Rotorua.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you have a need for accommodation close to the city centre and you do not mind just a place to sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kangatraveller_12
Reviewed 12 January 2013

My poor opinion of this property started from when I checked in. There was no clear instructions about what to do if no-one was manning reception when you arrived and having said that it was also very difficult to find reception anyway in the dark with hardly any lights and signage. Once I finally managed to locate the outside phone I got a very curt response from someone (maybe Di!) telling me what the code to my room was and to let myself in. I could have been anyone claiming I'd made a booking! I never saw anyone for the entire length of my stay and thought I could have just got myself a free stay here and no-one would have been the wiser! I stayed here at the end of April when it was starting to get quite cold (especially at night) despite this there was only one tiny free-standing heater which was hardly adequate for a large room! On top of this, my room was right on the road which not only made me feel as if anyone could walk in at any moment (I kept checking the door as there was no way to know if it was locked properly) and was very noisy! The shower was only accessible by climbing on a high stool which with wet feet I was scared of falling off! and the kitchen was in the bathroom which didn't seem very safe or hygienic! The only positive aspect of this property was that I could park my car right outside which was useful for taking luggage in and out, but if I hadn't have had a car the location outside of town might not have been so convenient. The room also seemed dirty and I woke up several times in the night from the noise, cold and also fear as a solo traveller that someone was breaking in. There seemed to be a spa pool but I didn't know anything about how to use it as it was behind a locked gate or the services available in the property as no-one had checked me in. All in all I wouldn't recommend this property to anyone unless you have no other options.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the road. The ones at the back overlooking the lake would probably be much better.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The owners of these apartments really seem to have a great knack of getting things just right. The various lodge studios, penthouse suites and motel rooms are located at sites offering stunning views in quiet areas, yet close to the town's amenities and of course, Lake Rotorua. The large living spaces and bedrooms in the lodges are furnished without compromise, and if you choose to self cater, you will find fully equipped modern kitchens which are a pleasure to use. The lakeside Motel has great facilities and activities for both children and adults (BBQ / spa pool), and also offers self catering. Great for groups, families and couples, especially if you like romantic evenings on your private balcony... Well recommended. http://www.jackanddis.co.nz

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Think twice before booking here! We booked in the middle of July for 3 rooms on the 19th December. We confirmed in November and on Sunday, the 16th December I sent an email just reconfirming and wanting directions etc. I received a reply on Monday, 17th (2 days before our arrival) advising that contractors weren't finished and we couldn't stay. I couldn't believe it. 2 days notice when we had this booking for months. Just totally unacceptable and very unprofessional.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We booked the penthouse through a last minute accommodation website and thought we might end up staying in the attic of a couple called Jack and Di. Instead we were treated to a large penthouse apartment with excellent facilities, including a lounge suite that probably seated 10. One wall had some nice lead-light windows, and from the sizable balcony the view of Lake Rotorua was amazing, looking out onto a few houses in Ohinemutu and the beautiful St Faith's Church. Some reviewers mentioned it was out of town, but "out of town" meant a 2 minute drive or a 15 minute walk. The only bad part of the location is you have to walk up a hill to get back to it from town. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: This is self-service apartment so don't expect anyone to book you in.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple