Ngongotaha Lakeside Lodge
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsbed and breakfastlake rotoruayogurtb bnew zealandgreat hostsbalcony overlooking the lakeself contained apartmenttrout fishingplaces to visitbreakfast was amazinglocal knowledgeminute driverotorua smellmaori dinnertwo nightsfully equipped kitchen
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 10 January 2012

Even in the worst possible weather, Lyndsay and Graham ensured we had a great stay. All of Lyndsay's tips about things to do were spot on - definitely ask her for advice. And their breakfasts were brilliant! (We didn't need to eat again until dinner...) Thanks again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 21 December 2011

Graham and Lyndsay are really something else. You get the impression that they can't do enough for you. We stayed there for three nights and really enjoyed their company.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 9 December 2011

My first visit to New Zealand involved two stops on the North Island, the second of which was to stay at the Ngongotaha Lakeside Lodge in Rotorua to do some fly fishing.

On my arrival I was warmly greeted by Lyndsay and Graham who went out of their way to make me welcome and to get settled into my comfortable twin bed room with shower and wash room en-suite. The lodge is purpose designed to cater for B&B and has a very spacious guest lounge on the first floor with huge glass windows giving a panoramic view of the lake – right at the end of the garden with adjacent stream!

The guest lounge has free coffee, tea and beer in the fridge along with a selection of delicious home made cookies. Next to the lounge a private kitchen allows the hosts to prepare breakfast, with an endless choice to keep the hungry fisherman going.

My paid guided day with Graham included all the equipment I needed along with a nice packed lunch, allowing him to take me to several locations to do battle with the trout. The following day I fished for the morning before going sight seeing to the thermal springs.

Having travelled extensively I can sincerely say that the accommodation and lodge were spotlessly clean, very comfortable with free PC use and my hosts were so helpful especially in giving me information on where to go and park and eat in Rotorua, I was almost sorry to have to leave!

I think the Lodge offers very good value for money and is well located both for fishing and touring; I would certainly use it again.

Peter UK

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
    BigfishRotorua, Owner at Ngongotaha Lakeside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Many thanks for this lovely long review of your stay with us Peter.
    Thank you too, for choosing to stay with us during your first fishing trip to NZ.
    We enjoyed having you stay with us, but were sorry that the fishing was not at it's best for you this time round . . . . maybe your next trip will be better :)

Reviewed 16 November 2011

Excellent in every respect. Graham and Lyndsay couldn't have been more charming and helpful. Their breakfast was superb and their local knowledge benefitted us greatly to see the best sights there was in the short time we had.

• Stayed: October 2011
    BigfishRotorua, Owner at Ngongotaha Lakeside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

We are so pleased that you enjoyed Rotorua and your stay with us.
    You were super guests' and we did enjoy meeting you all.
    You say "can't wait to go back" . . . . let's hope it will be soon!
    Take care.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

The hosts Lyndsay and Graham were welcoming and charming. The accomodation was spacious and very well equipped and included a big lounge with lakeside views providing stunning sunsets.
    Our hosts were very helpful with local advice on what to visit in the short period of time we were in Rotorua. We had great breakfasts to start the day and the rooms had tea/coffee making facilities for a bit of self catering as needed. Ngongotaha is very handy for Rotorua and the other volcanic sites you might want to visit by car.
    A great place to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice - the higher priced rooms have a lake view and balcony, but you get the view from the lounge!
    • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends