Ibis Rotorua
  • Pool
US$557
US$471
Priceline
Holiday Inn Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$123
US$110
US$84
Agoda.com
Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$186
Agoda.com
Prince's Gate Hotel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$140
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$118
Cedarwood Lakeside(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$114
1,222 results
All reviewseat streettwo double bedsa lake view roomplenty of free parkingrooms are smalllobby areabuffet breakfastroom was clean and comfortableshort staytwo nightswould stay againclose to townnew zealandaccornovatellakefrontcbd
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Hotel is in a good location to explore the town on foot.

Room is fine - middle of the range, nothing special. Free Wifi is limited so I could barely do anything other than download about 3 emails!

My parents also stayed there in another room and I was shocked to hear that my mum rang up about a blocked basin in their bathroom and their response was 'we've got a few rooms like that!' and then hung up after they advertise in the rooms about fixing any problems within 15 minutes. Terrible service! I was so shocked that they would not take any responsibility and just ignored the problem. The basin never got fixed.

I will be reluctant to stay at any ibis again after they blatantly refused to keep their customer service promise.

• Stayed: February 2012
Kirk D, Manager at Ibis Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thanks for your comments. I can see the below comments from your parents room also in regards to the blocked sink.
I can assure you that this is certainly an isolated incident and is something I will be addressing immediately with the employee as this is unacceptable. The hotel employees are certainly proud of their customer service and the commitment to the 15 minute guarantee. I apologise that on this occasion the service and communication have fallen short, but as mentioned, this is certainly isolated and I will be taking the appropriate measures to rectify and ensure there is no repeat incidence of this nature.
Lastly thank you for your positive comments you also posted in your review.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in mid January and found the hotel ideal being close to the lake and not too far from the town.
Our room was 481 on the top floor, the room was quite large and had a good viewpoint up the street. Old style TV, shower and a very effective air conditioning system.
Eating wise, only had breakfast at the hotel, found the usual good selections of food, even porridge !!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
An Accor traveller
Hastings, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 February 2012

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I booked two rooms for January 29th and 30th through Hotels.com I paid in full.
On booking in they took a copy of my credit card and reserved $200 to cover any room charges. On checking out I had no room charges and balance was zero. It is now February 10th and the charges have still not been taken off my credit card. I contacted the hotel and was told that it took 5 business days.
Needless to say I have contacted the bank and am disputing the charge.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
MJuniper, Manager at Ibis Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a response. It is common practice to take a pre authorisation upon check in.
I totally understand your frustration, however the length of time it takes to release depends on the bank. The 2 public holidays during this period would not have helped, my apologies for your inconvenience.