“Pleasant stay”
Review of Ibis Rotorua

Ibis Rotorua
Ranked #34 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Overall is good. Staff are very friendly and the room is big and new in IBIS's term. The bed is really comfy! It is just a 5 min walk to the restaurants so you could just park your car and walk. The carpark at the basement is rather tiny although there are ample street parking lots in front of the hotel. There is also a laundry on site. Only cost 2 dollars for washing/drying. The hot breakfast is pretty standard and the internet speed is relatively fast. I am a accor silver member so I get free internet.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter which direction your room faces. There isn't much to see. I chose a room f...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ian S, Manager at Ibis Rotorua, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear General_koh

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us your comments are a invaluable part of our business. I am pleased you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us and look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Ian Shipman
New Zealand
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel. My room was very comfortable - clean, all the amenities I needed. Yes, it was small, but with an area for a suitcase, large desk, tea, coffee & hot chocolate & electric jug in its own area, small wardrobe, iron, ironing board etc it had everything I wanted. Staff were excellent - very efficient & friendly. Car parking was down in the basement - not secure - but was easy to access from the hotel & was fine. I will be returning.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Ian S, Manager at Ibis Rotorua, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear MargaretNZ

I am pleased to hear the that stay was an memorable one and that you will be back with us, we look forward to your return.

Ian Shipman
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Was surprised when we walked in. Thank god we weren't planning to say in our rooms for too long. On the 4th floor, view was good. Room was small. Definitely budget friendly. Had to ask for extra pillows-- marshmallows would have provided better support. We did have a noisy night due to other guests. Would I stay here again??? Sorry I might just have a look around first. Not quiet my cup of tea

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Cindy P

Thank you for the review, feedback is a vital aspect of our business. I am sorry that you stay was not to your liking on this occasion.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were very happy with our decision to stay at the Ibis Rotorua. It is a clean, modern hotel in an excellent location (just a 5-10 min walk into the town centre).

The rooms are compact but included everything we needed, including a space for our suitcases, a wardrobe, desk, two double beds and a small fridge. The bathroom was modern, clean and we'll-lit. Everything felt very hygienic. The rooms had a minimalist modern decor; again, very clean and we'll-appointed.

The price point was wonderful, especially given that it included a continental breakfast.

I have only two minor quibbles about the Ibis; firstly, the pillows are a little too soft and squishy (they scrunch into a ball) and the "hot" breakfast food is often lukewarm verging on cold. But these quibbles would not deter me at all from staying at the Ibis on our next trip to Rotorua. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kat S

Thank you for the review, your comments are most appreciated. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us when next in town.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was booked into the Ibis by my tour company, and it was a great value and perfect location for walking to the lake (2-3 minutes to the pier). Also the beautiful Government Gardens and Rotorua Museum. Attentive staff, FREE INTERNET (not common in NZ) and generous breakfast buffet to get the day started properly. Spotless with great amenities. I was very pleased because I was there just to sleep and shower mainly, then go out and see the beautiful Rotorua countryside. Ibis was an excellent location for this.

Room Tip: If you are booked into the Ibis as part of a tour group, you likely will get a streetside room as I...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo