“Dont be put off by the allergy free tag, its still delicous and fresh!”

Be Rude Not To Cafe
Ranked #61 of 223 Restaurants in Rotorua
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Be Rude Not To we offer a range of simply delicious cuisine for everyone. Gluten free, Allergen-aware food choices for all ages prepared with care for you. We are based in the heart of Rotorua CBD and Fully Licensed, open from 7am to 5pm Monday through to Sunday we have a large range of gluten free, dairy free and allergen free hot and cold food as well as excellent coffee, fresh fruit smoothies and juices. Perfect for breakfast, brunch and lunch. We offer delicious homemade baking, sandwiches savouries and tasty treats in a friendly environment just a hop skip and a jump away from work! Revel in our cabinet delights, A la carte Breakfast or lunches or healthy Takeaway options. Remember we also do catering! Whatever the even, our awesome team here at Be Rude Not To Cafe can cater for it, from nibbles and bubbly, morning tea shouts or Ala Carte and buffet options we have got you covered! Email us today with your enquiry
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Dont be put off by the allergy free tag, its still delicous and fresh!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have visited a few times now at different points in the day, and there is always people in here which is a good sign! I have no specific food allergies and I find the food tasty and fresh, so don't be put off by the fact that it advertises it self as being conscious of food allergies. The carrot cake is gluten free and it was the best carrot cake I have ever had, and I don't usually like gluten free products! The hand cut hot chips are also delicious, fluffy and crunchy on the outside so yum!
I think the menu has some great options that you don't see in a lot of cafes, plus the cabinet food is nice! My only suggestion would be to ease up on the salt added to crumble style slices, its very noticeable. And maybe cover the muffins and scrolls with something like a dome? Otherwise great!

• Visited April 2014

Rotorua, New Zealand
“..We gave you a 2nd chance.......”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Yes, we did go back . Why, we don't know. We ended up laughing at the absurd lack of allergy information or concern by the staff. (This is café that specializes in allergies foods.)
This time however the coffee did arrive with soy milk (previous review) LOL, however after chatting to the chef (staff didn't know) about what foods they had that were WHEAT FREE, I was told -that's the same as gluten free!!!!!
Anyway, it was suggested I have the plain cucumber, tomato & capsicum salad as it had NO dressings on it .Well you guessed it, it arrived with a balsamic dressing. I asked wait staff if this dressing had wheat in it. She went & asked Chef again and came back & took dressing away, saying sorry , yes it has wheat in it.
No 3rd time lucky for this café, cant afford to take the RISK.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Foodie8181
Rotorua
“Could do better”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

On the back of recent publicity my friend and I sought out this place. It didn't seem busy yet it took an age to get served. No one said hi be with you soon they just went round in circles. Honestly ! One girl with hair all over the place looked like she was spaced out ... THEn this young guy came up to the back counter and leaned on hos elbows like he had nothing to do! Anyway we sat down and the food came ... onion soup with no bread or roll. The raw Salmon bagel became a cooked one Although I asked for one from the chiller. Aaagh. The tables available were all opposite the gaping kitchen ... you saw all the crap and staff throwing their personal belongings in a heap. The staff carried coffee s precariously instead of using trays looked sooo unprofessional. And te staff looked unappetizing in attire and hair grooming.i would have expected a lot better for award winners.

Im a tour guide and I eat for a living. You still have a way to go guys!

3 Thank Wanda22Rotorua
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Best french toast & rhubarb ever”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is a great cafe for breakfast, brunch or lunch. I have been here several times now, and every time the food is great, and service with a smile. Thanks very much.

Visited May 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“What a find! Wish we had a cafe like this up my way!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

As a newly diagnosed Coeliac (Gluten Intolerant), finding Be Rude Not To Cafe was amazing. Hubby and I went in for lunch after running the Rotorua Half Marathon, and was very pleased with selection and service despite it being crazy busy. It is a cool little place, great deco, obviously popular. I was so excited to have more than one Gluten free option (almost dozens in fact) for lunch, and the snack cabinets were bursting with deliciousness. We both found the food was top notch, coffee pretty good too. All in all, a fantastic finish to a great weekend. Will look forward to visiting again when we next visit Rotorua. Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2014