Crash Palace
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfree pasta and ricefree pancakesmovie nighthot tubpub crawlfree wififree pool tablefree stuffcooking oilbeer pongsingle roomfantastic hostellaundry servicefree tea and coffeenew zealandcommunal areasmin walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stayed a Crash a few nights agao, and will definitely stay again when I pass back through Rotorua!

Upon check-in we were informed that the owner (Chris) would be cooking dinner for the hostel that night (mama's special recipe spag bol!) so that was a winner to start off! The hostel looks like it has been freshly painted and decorated everywhere, and everything in our spacious 4 bed dorm appeared new - another winner! The bathrooms were big and clean, and the kitchen (not that i ever needed it as we were also provided with free pancake mix on the sunday morning!) was also clean and had everything you need. There is also a big lounge area where everyone was sitting round together watching tv and socialising - creating a warm and friendly vibe! - oh and there is a small bar with cheap drinks too to prepare for a night out! oh, and did i mention that hot tub outside?!

The location couldnt be any better, and there was nothing to complain about at all - hence this review! I defo recommend staying at Crash Palace!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kat H
Crashpalace, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Thanks so much for taking the time to recommend us to others and writing this review. We appreciate the time it has taken you to highlight all the things you enjoyed about crash i'm glad there was so many highlights for you :) ....I want to wish you all the best on your travels and hope you have a great time traveling through our country...

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Recently attended a net ball tournament in Rotorua. I was originally worried that we were booked into a backpackers. I was proven wrong, this place was beautiful, the host was amazing and accommodating. The facility was clean and well maintained and I felt at home. With the host giving us a load of local knowledge...I will be using crash palace again...

2  Thank Robynaloua
Crashpalace, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Thank you so much for your review its comments like yours that make my day :) we look forward to your return and wish you all the best for the coming 2013. crash

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Had great time there! Nice cozy feeling, with awesome staff! The location of the hostel is easily accessible and near the city center. The hot tub looks AMAZING and smell of pancakes on breakfast mornin just brightens the day!

1  Thank Jeff L
Crashpalace, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Jeff Thanks to you and the guys for taking the time to review our hostel it was a pleasure to meet you all. Hope you all enjoyed the activities you did :) We appreciate the feedback and wish all of you the best with you internships in Auckland hope to see you again soon. Crash.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I had a really great time here!
I stayed 2 nights with my 4 friends and we could all stay in the same room.
The room and bathrooms are very clean, the hostel is very easily accessible and there are some great things to do in the near area.
The staff is really helpful and nice!

Too bad we didn't have time for the free pancakes and the hottub!
But maybe next time! :)

2  Thank Mirjam415

Thank you guys for taking the time to review our hostel it was a pleasure to meet you all. Hope you all enjoyed the activities you did :) We appreciate the feedback and wish all of you the best with you internships in Auckland hope to see you again soon. Crash.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

When I first saw the building, I thought this will be just like another hostel, but I was wrong. It has a nice and comfy feeling to it. It looks like you're going to a relative's house instead of going to live in a hostel. They have a living room with couches and TV, also a pool table. I was bummed that I didnt have the chance to try on the Hot Tub and mud mask, but everything else was nice. The room was clean as well as the bathrooms. I would definitely return and visit Rotorua one more time.

1  Thank jenjennilam