“Amazing place.”

Crash Palace
Zurich, Switzerland
“Amazing place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

I was booked into Crash Palace via the i-Site in Rotorua.
And what a great spot I've got.
Very friendly and helpful staff (Max, if my memory serves me right).
The house is very tastefully decorated and one can feel, that a lot of thought and love were put into it. The rooms and facilities are very clean. I stayed in a 4-bed-dorm and it was very spacious and comfortable.
Location couldn't be better, still very central, but on a quiet street.
I enjoyed the terrace very much, where a solo traveller can easily socialise.
The laundy service was just the icing on the cake.
During my trip after my stay I already recommended this place to a few fellow traveller and I do hope, they found their way to Crash Palace.
Would stay here again and recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
crash1977, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
thank you so much for your kind words we appreciate the positive feedback. have a great trip through NZ safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Alice Springs, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

This place is up there with the best hostels I have stayed in. Clearly a lot of thought has gone into the service provided. Extremely helpful staff help you get the most out of your stay. A wide range of people of all ages stayed there happily while i was there. A great physical layout with plenty of room to either chill out or hang out with other guests.

Thanks guys... hope to see you again

Tim from Alice

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank timfromalice
crash1977, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Tim brother love to see you return soon man hope you have a great trip and we will catch up on your travels when you return. thanks for taking the time to leave a review bud we appreciate the kind words man and are great full people see the hard work we have done with the place..catch you soon bro..
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

Stayed here last week (Feb 2013) for 2 nights in the ensuite room and loved it. Easy to get to, easy to get around, any shows we went to we were picked up at the door, Max was great & anymore laid back he would have been asleep ;) Gave us some great advice on places he has been to and seen and where we would get the best bang for our limited bucks! Some of the people staying really need to understand that a 'camp kitchen' is for everyone not just themselves and clean up accordingly bc we did have to wipe down the bench and clean up porridge before preparing our food... The signs are there, its not hard to do and make the stay easy on everyone! If we head back we will be looking to stay here again!

Room Tip: knowing we had to share a kitchen and not everyones equal in their idea of cleanliness we chose not...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank T_CMac09
crash1977, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Yep we are totally sick of it as well !! so we have put cameras in the kitchens we now will be keeping key deposits for those who do not clean up after themselves. along with the kitchens we have cameras in all public areas for our guest security hopefully deterring people from stealing food etc off others.
thanks to your review we have done this so cheers for highlighting it. hope you have a great trip in NZ and see some great places :) safe travels
Boro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

The photos I have seen on the internet do not do this place justice. It was a great stay at a great price. I stayed here in Jan 2013 with my 15 year old child in a twin room. The backpacker is centrally located, the interior of the building has a very comfortable/homely feel. There are two kitchens which are both clean and well stocked with anything you might need. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank veronica_miller1178
crash1977, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Thank you so much for the review i am working now on updating our website and our photos it has been a while since we have done this. I am so glad you guys enjoyed the hostel and had a great time we love the feedback we are getting from people about all the hard work and energy that has been put into bringing you something different and fresh in the hostel. hope to see you both back someday. travel safe
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Hi everyone,

I stayed in Crash Palace a few days ago and I highly recommend it to you. Staff is very friendly and helpful, very supportive. Rooms and facilities were clean and nice. Price was perfect. You can hire bicycles for free.

Lucy

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank LuciaPalusova
crash1977, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
hey lucy thanks so much for taking the time to tell others about crash palace we appreciate all the feedback from our guests and are always trying to improve each day :) Hope you have a great trip around NZ and find many more great places to review :) safe travels.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

This laid back, friendly, and clean hostel has been one of the best hostels I've stayed at in a while. Chris is always helpful, and having the dogs around is a nice little touch!! I met great people and overall had a memorable experience. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone!! Thanks Crash Palace for making Rotorua one of my favorite places in New Zealand!

• Stayed January 2013
crash1977, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Mean !! so glad we were able to make Rotorua a memorable destination for you hope you find many more memorable places on your travels.. live large and take risks, safe travels brother.
Hodonin, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

I had a chance to stay and work at Crash for nearly 4 months and I have to say that I could not make a better choice. It felt like second home and Chris of course treats it as such. He spent so much time, effort and energy to make it what it is now and it was worth it. Rooms are nice and clean and all the desing (thanx to Tony) creates such cool atmosphere. Also friendly pets makes u feel welocmed all the time. The fact that u can get free pasta and rice all the time, ensure that u will not starve, u can use all the herbs and cooking oils for free and after that relax in a yakuzi in the garden, or just watch a movie again for free. Friday BBQ in summer or spaghetti bolognese in winter, hot chocolate and popcorn for movie nights and pancakes on Sunday. What do u want more?
Chris is always keen to help with all the troubles and opens his house to everybody, just do not forget that it is his home if u want to feel like at home, u should treat it as such. I will never forget my time at Crash Palace and hope that all travellers and visitors would feel as great as I did. Thanks for everything guys:) and Good luck in the future
Lenka

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Lenka B
crash1977, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
oh Lenka we miss you doll like a lot of the old crew :) thanks for sharing your experience with us so glad you found a home here with us for a short time hope everything is going well at home. Maybe we will catch up again someday. safe travels doll :)