I really enjoyed Treks because it was a block from the bar lol and 3 or 4 blocks from the main street.
The staff were awesome (well 90% of them), they booked alot of stuff for us. We booked our Tamaki village trip through them, bus tickets, they were awesome for information about Rotorua.
We had a twin ensuite room. It was 2 single beds, a little night stand and our bathroom. The beds were comfortable. This was our favorite hostle. We backpacked throught NZ and we stayed in some shady hostles haha but this was our favorite.
We originally planned to stay 2 nights but stayed 3...then a week later when were were coming back up to Auckland (we were flying from Auckland) we stayed another 2 nights.
6 bucks to do a load of laundry. Internet is 3 bucks for 30 minutes, if you walk down the street, you can get 2 bucks for 30 minutes.
We loved Rotorua, the people were great and it was a good place.
Canadian it was like 75 bucks a night. Its worth it thought.
It was safe, clean and comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to YHA Rotorua, a purpose built backpacker hostel in the central city for your complete Rotorua experience. Rotorua’s finest lodge, YHA Rotorua offers budget backpacker accommodation right beside Kuirau Park, Rotorua’s free geothermal attraction, and only two minutes walk from shops, cafes, restaurants and beautiful Lake Rotorua. There is a wide range of backpacker accommodation to choose from: 4 bed share rooms, 6 bed bunk rooms, triple room, standard double rooms, twin/double ensuite rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your YHA Rotorua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yha Treks Backpackers Rotorua
- Yha Treks Backpackers Hotel Rotorua