“Everything was just so fabulous!”
Review of Regent of Rotorua

Regent of Rotorua
Ranked #9 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Reviewed 22 March 2011

We had a most wonderful stay at Regent from beginning to end. Darren and Brent made us feel most welcome when we arrived, allowing us to check in early and giving us some great and honest advice on attractions to visit in Rotorua. The service they provided us over our 2 day stay was outstanding.

The room was bright and airy and very stylish and modern. The bathroom was spacious with a monsoon shower. The bed was really comfortable too.

The pool looked stunning so I was disappointed I did not bring my bathers. We did use their indoor private thermal pool and if you can't get past the sulpher smell (not hotels fault it is the natural smell of the pool) it was really good. Left your skin feeling really soft.

The hotel is really well located to cafes and bars. We ate breakfast both mornings in their restaurant and it as really delicious and some really different choices.

I can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed 18 March 2011

They've done a great job updating an old motel and turning it into something elegant and contemporary. The room was beautiful and comfortable, and the staff was friendly and helpful. In a place as touristy as Rotorua, they must answer the same questions dozens of times a day, but you'd never know it. The restaurant was also terrific, and the hotel is located in the middle of the restaurant area of town.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank JGBaltimore
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I was visiting my sister who was in Rotorua hospital for a few days and was lucky enough to find the Regent of Rotorua through Trip Advisor. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough! From the immaculate interior of the suites and rooms, (including layout, design and cleanliness) to the warm, friendly, welcoming hosts, staying at the Regent of Rotorua was an absolute pleasure. The restaurant was brilliant, and catered for anything from a quick coffee to a five star evening meal...you just don't find places like this very often. Definitely worth staying here, the Regent of Rotorua is an attraction in it's own right - visit Rotorua to stay there!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2011

This is a beautiful hotel. The owners have taken a old school hotel and renovated it in with style! Very classy. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 16 March 2011

We had a wonderful stay at Regent. We were warmly greeted and the staff went above and beyond in helping us decide and book on activities for our stay. The room was clean, spacious, had everything we needed. The hotel is beautiful, good food AND great location. If I could go back tonight, I would.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2011

This is a lovely boutique hotel. I couldn't believe the way I was greeted when I arrived. I was made to feel very special.
I stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment which was reasonably spacious. The rooms were very clean, the decor was fresh and light. The shower was divine!!
The hotel was very quiet and very central to see Rotorua. Lots of cafe's, shops and the lake are in walking distance.
The bed and pillows were the best I have ever slept in and I am fussy! The duvet felt amazing - I have no idea what it was made of, but it felt quite different to anything I have felt before. I could go back just for the bedo
The rooms also have free internet service, which is great for business.
Some of the rooms don't get any sun, whereas some looked like they get all day sun. You may want to specify what your preference is when you book.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Impossible to fault this superb hotel. Top marks on every score - rooms, food, service and especially the staff. Worth a detour

1  Thank arsewiper