Regent of Rotorua
  • Pool
US$191
US$159
  • Pool
Arista of Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$134
Prince's Gate Hotel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$558
US$471
Priceline
Holiday Inn Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$123
Agoda.com
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$106
Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$120
US$126
US$98
Cedarwood Lakeside(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$114
1,584 results
All reviewsboutique hoteleat streetmonsoon showergreat boutiquenew zealandbedroom suiterestaurants and barswithin walking distancemineral poolthe location is perfectoutdoor poolpolynesian spastayed one nightstreatlakenzrobes
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I returned to the Regent for a 2 week stay after visiting last year. After my stay last year there was no question my mind this time over where I'd book my visit. And I wasn't disappointed. Owners Darryn and Brent and all their staff really made me feel like I was coming "home" and welcomed me back like family - it was lovely! The quality of the service at the Regent is second to none. I spend about 1/3-1/2 of my year every year traveling around the world for work and staying in hotels and living out of suitcases, so I really know hotels, and never have I felt so wonderfully looked after as I have at the Regent. These guys really understand service and train their staff well!

The hotel itself is superb. It is so nicely renovated with the black/white/touch of green decor - so classy and stylish and has not dated a bit since I was last here. They remembered what room I was in and gave me the same one, which was a nice touch. The beds are sumptuous and the fact that the rooms have a little microwave, bar fridge and crockery/cutlery really helps too. (Although the restaurant is so good that I found myself eating there almost 3 meals a day!)

The hotel is centrally located, there's lots of parking, and the restaurant area is just around the corner. The staff help with booking all of the many Rotorua tourist attractions and giving lots of useful recommendations about what to do and when the best times to do things are.

The rooms are comfortable, the atmosphere in the restaurant / bar area is glamorous and relaxed, a lovely place to have a drink after a day in the hot pools, the bathrooms in the hotel rooms are just lovely, the staff are wonderful, there's a lovely little thermal spa pool to soak in and a big outdoor heated pool if you feel like a swim ... there's nothing I can critique about this place (and that's rare) ... there's nothing else like this in Rotorua and there's no where else I'd rather be, the Regent is truly special place!

(Unlike a lot of places, the photos on the Regent's website are accurate!)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Stayed for 4 nights family holiday.
Great little hotel,really central to town with restaurants cinema etc in easy walking distance.
Staff friendly and helpful,nothing is too much troubleRooms are spotlessly clean and really comfortable.especially the beds.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Tania001
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Great place and nice staff. Wld definitely recommend the place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Of all the places we visited on our New Zealand trip, Rotorua and the Regent Hotel are both definitely on the top of my list!

This hotel is truly a gem and the rooms are amazing! Everything is new and clean. The bed is the most comfortable one we slept on during our entire trip of NZ. I loved the modern bathroom and shower.

The service at the front desk was also impeccable- very nice and helpful staff.

The location is also great, the hotel is within walking distance of several great restaurants and shops.

Loved every minute of our stay!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2011

This hotel is very much worth coming to Rotorua for. The rooms are great, the beds were very comfortable, and the showers were very cool! The service was impeccable and could not have been better.Great location also, good walking distance to a number of restaurants in downtown Rotorua. The Restaurant is also very good, great breakfast too!
Would come back in a second!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business