“The best Motel we have ever stayed at”
Review of Regent of Rotorua

Regent of Rotorua
Ranked #9 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Reviewed 17 August 2011

WOW - From the moment we walked in the door we were impressed! The service and friendliness of the two owners was just exceptional! The rooms were so grand and posh! We stayed in the newly refurbished units. There were gorgeous plush robes in the room. The shower pressure was fantastic. They even lent us umbrellas to use in the rain. The restaurant was very fancy although I did not have anything to eat there, others in the group had breakfast and were very impressed with the food. Location was brilliant, literally one minute to town. The pool was surprisingly warm even though it was winter, the outdoor shower was cool as was the mineral spa. They had excellent info about local activities etc too. The bed was sooo comfortable!! We would definately go back!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sherbsfamily

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Our family of 5 spent 4 nights in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite. The location is about 50 steps from "Eat Streat" (yes, it is spelled correctly), which is a pedestrian street lined with every kind of restaurant you can imagine.

The staff were at the desk every morning ready to offer assistance, directions and suggestions. The two managers are very friendly, professional and just seem like people that would be fun to get together with for dinner.

The decor of the hotel is very beautiful, upscale and witty! Everything in our suite was black and white, including beautiful white leather sofas. The bathrooms were completely white. When a hotel decides to use so much white, I believe that they are making a commitment to having impeccable housekeeping services. And this hotel does! The white bathrooms were immaculate including the grout.

Our suite had a kitchenette for making tea and heating up food. We are some meals at the hotel and the food was very good. This hotel was just perfect for us.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank LynnDB
Reviewed 11 August 2011

On arrival we were made so welcome. Everybody was extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurant in the hotel serves very good food. Our son had the best sausages ever! The bar has a good selection and a nice atmosphere to sit and relax. The rooms are very stylish and comfortable. Certainly a place we would go back to!

Room Tip: The rooms are not that big but big enough. The decor is stunning.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KatMaNe
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I thought "this is an old motel which was repainted" - but much much more than repainted. The place has been completely overhauled and is very classy ... but is still a motel. The rooms are well-appointed, very, but nevertheless a bit small. The bedroom in our 1 bedroom suite was tiny, and the "wardrobe" as big as a small broom cupboard. Service is excellent - more than excellent - and there are nice touches such as the heated outside pool. For a motel, the walls are pretty sturdy and it all seemed rather quiet (but then we were staying over in winter).

Room Tip: Ask for the best room ...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2011

stayed here for 2 nights on my honeymoon trip . good location , fantastic service .
special mention for the team . kudos . my recommendation for anyone visiting rotarua on leisure . the i pod docking station in the room was a killer one !

Room Tip: clean , chic and heated
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We had the pleasure of staying here on a weekend break from Sydney. We selected this place based on the reviews on TA and were not disappointed.
We called ahead and booked one of the suites, and were greeted by Darryn the host amd I presume co-owner of the Hotel.
The rooms are all freshly renovated, reasonable size, well furnished, good sized flat panel televisions I. Both the bedroom and the lounge area. It had a security safe which seemed to be lacking at some other places we stayed at.
The beds were extremely comfortable and the huge shower and separate tub were great.
As we had a short time there, we needed some recommendations to make the most of our time. Darryn was extremely helpful and gave us some great ideas We particularly enjoyed the Polynesian Spa, and if you get there, do the private pool at sun-set.... Well worth the cost.
We ate out in town at a restaurant called Ambrosia, and that was pretty good as well. The menu and dining room at the hotel looked nice, but seeing we had limited time we thought we should go exploring.
We had breakfast in the hotel's restaurant, and it was quite ok..... The only complaint was that they couldnt prepare any fresh fruit, as apparently its out of season ?..... Maybe so, but we have had some great fruit platters in Norway during winter, so where there is a will, there is a way !.
They also had a thermal hot tub in the hotel which was interesting although we did not try it.
Would we go back ..... Yes

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I returned to the Regent for a 2 week stay after visiting last year. After my stay last year there was no question my mind this time over where I'd book my visit. And I wasn't disappointed. Owners Darryn and Brent and all their staff really made me feel like I was coming "home" and welcomed me back like family - it was lovely! The quality of the service at the Regent is second to none. I spend about 1/3-1/2 of my year every year traveling around the world for work and staying in hotels and living out of suitcases, so I really know hotels, and never have I felt so wonderfully looked after as I have at the Regent. These guys really understand service and train their staff well!

The hotel itself is superb. It is so nicely renovated with the black/white/touch of green decor - so classy and stylish and has not dated a bit since I was last here. They remembered what room I was in and gave me the same one, which was a nice touch. The beds are sumptuous and the fact that the rooms have a little microwave, bar fridge and crockery/cutlery really helps too. (Although the restaurant is so good that I found myself eating there almost 3 meals a day!)

The hotel is centrally located, there's lots of parking, and the restaurant area is just around the corner. The staff help with booking all of the many Rotorua tourist attractions and giving lots of useful recommendations about what to do and when the best times to do things are.

The rooms are comfortable, the atmosphere in the restaurant / bar area is glamorous and relaxed, a lovely place to have a drink after a day in the hot pools, the bathrooms in the hotel rooms are just lovely, the staff are wonderful, there's a lovely little thermal spa pool to soak in and a big outdoor heated pool if you feel like a swim ... there's nothing I can critique about this place (and that's rare) ... there's nothing else like this in Rotorua and there's no where else I'd rather be, the Regent is truly special place!

(Unlike a lot of places, the photos on the Regent's website are accurate!)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo