Regent of Rotorua
US$1,073
US$557
US$471
Priceline
Holiday Inn Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$123
US$110
US$84
Agoda.com
Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$186
Agoda.com
Prince's Gate Hotel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$140
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$106
Cedarwood Lakeside(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$114
1,586 results
All reviewsboutique hoteleat streetmonsoon showergreat boutiquenew zealandbedroom suiterestaurants and barswithin walking distancemineral poolthe location is perfectoutdoor poolpolynesian spastayed one nightstreatlakenzrobes
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed at the Regent of Rotorua in November of 2010. The location was wonderful, very near the lake and within walking distance of everything. We stayed in the renovated wing, which was decorated in an ultra-modern theme; very simple and elegant. I wish I could have kept the bed, it was so comfortable. The hosts were a pair of really nice guys, Brent and Darren. They could not have been more gracious, and they made fabulous breakfasts! They gave us recommendations on things to do, best ways to get around and were generally perfect, I guess.
I loved Rotorua with its black swans and horrid people-eating mosquitos that come out at sunset near the water. It's a beautiful little gem of a town and I would love to go there again. If I'm ever fortunate to do so, I will definitely stay at the Regent.

Room Tip: We booked direct and got a great room
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank spdykat
Reviewed 31 August 2011

The staff were extremely welcoming and the facilities were modern, comfortable and very clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank NZ_Blair
Reviewed 27 August 2011

The Regent is beautifully decorated, great staff, gorgeous food, amazingly comfortable bed. We came for a get-away break and couldn't have found a better hotel. They think of everything. Thanks Brent and Darren

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hills032
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed here based on the recommendation we found on TripAdvisor and I agree that it a fantastic place to stay. We stayed in the family suite with our children. Decor is contemporary, everything is very clean, beds/linens were extremely comfortable. Bonus is their own hot spring spa. And it is close (in walking distance) to several streets worth of restaurants. Great place!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank kfheller
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My main reason for selecting this hotel was the excellent rating it gets here, and after my stay I can certainly see why it is so well regarded. I only stayed one night, and wish I had been able to stay longer as the hotel in general, and my room in particular were top-notch.

The staff were all friendly, welcoming and helpful. The room was gorgeously decorated, spotlessly clean and quiet. The complimentary toiletries were NZ made and lovely, and the bathroom well laid out and spacious. I was travelling with my cousin, and we were both highly impressed and very comfortable with the twin single room. The bedding was immaculate and very comfortable, and the room ammenities, such as tea/coffee making facilities were nicely set out and well stocked. There were even bathrobs you could slip on, which was nice when we were getting ready to go out.

The hotel complex includes a very handsome restaurant/bar, we didn't get a chance to partake as we'd already made other arrangements, but the breakfasts looked delicious! There is also an outdoor heated pool, which is well-kept, and an indoor thermal mineral spa, also well tended to.

The overall vibe of the place is chic, quiet, relaxed and very welcoming. I can't recommend it highly enough. I know for sure my cousin will stay there again (she lives in NZ) and when I return to Rotorua, I will be delighted to return to the Regent!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends