“Great attention to detail”
Review of Regent of Rotorua

Regent of Rotorua
Ranked #9 of 91 Hotels in Rotorua
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is a great hotel, fantastic hot pools - inside(hot) and out (warm) very well appointed spotlessly clean rooms, comfortable beds, very friendly staff, convenient restaurant with great menu for dinner and breakfast, conveniently located close to the center of town and the lake. good value

Room Tip: All seem good
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,557)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

After booking my flights to Rotorua, I looked for a hotel which was well located and had a great reputation - The Regent. I stayed for 3 nights and was thoroughly impressed with the way the staff conducted themselves. I was greeted with a warm smile and was given a room immediately even though I arrived early. The rooms were beautifully presented and very well maintained. The staff were also incredibly helpful in advising me on places to visit and ensuring tours I had booked would pick me up from the hotel. If you're traveling alone and need a little guidance (as I was) I can not recommend this hotel enough. I was very well looked after. Thank you for a superb couple of days Regent, staying with you will be a highlight of my holiday!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great little hotel located in the heart of Rotorua. My wife and I enjoyed the cozy room with free wifi . The bathroom was huge and the shower was fantastic. I would highly recommend this room if you are traveling as a couple and want to stay in downtown Rotorua. The staff went above and beyond and we felt they really rolled out the red carpet for us and it is hard to put a price on that sort of service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed 2 nights here on our first visit to Rotorua. The hotel is classy and chic and the bed extremely comfortable. The bathroom was a really good size with dual sinks and a lovely walk in shower.

On arrival the duty manager Darryn was probably the best front of house person I have had to deal with ever and made us very welcome and provided us with all the information we needed to get the most out of our brief visit to the town,

All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone, it is central to the downtown area and lakeside. Perfect position in the town!

Room Tip: We opted for the executive studio room….
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is an excellent little boutique hotel perfect for those who enjoy the quirkiness of staying at different properties. We really enjoyed the decor, the comfortable bed, and the friendly staff. We had not considered the location when booking this hotel, but ended up loving that we could walk to the lake and several restaurants from here even though we also had a car with us. We ate breakfast both mornings of our stay at the hotel and it was delicious.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Was most impressed with our stay and could not find any faults if we tried. The check in staff were super friendly and beyond helpful, going out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and had all the information we needed to enjoy our time in Rotorua. The rooms are well furnished and very trendy. The thermal pool is the perfect way to relax after a long day exploring, with towels available from reception. Also a bonus in that the Regent is only a short walk to 'eat street' and a lot of restaurants.
Upon leaving the staff once again went above and beyond collecting the bags, taking them to our car and ensuring we knew the way to our next location.
On service alone this place is 5 stars!!

3  Thank nik22192
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had a pleasant stay here. The hotel is well located for exploring Rotorua. The staff very friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable, we enjoyed a soak in the lovely deep bath. An extra blanket in the room would have been nice as we were a little cool overnight. We would certainly stay again.