Executive on Fenton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Midway Motel(Rotorua)
  • Spa
View Hotel
All reviewsspa bathnice roomnew ownersfree dvdslittle thingsserviced dailykitchen facilitieshot tubcentral locationsmall kitchenwould stay here againgood sizegreat place to staythoroughly enjoyed our stayclean roomscomfy bedvisit rotorua
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed for one night over the school holidays and really enjoyed the room and the facilities this Motel provided. Great host and we would highly recommend staying here. We thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor thermal spa and the proximity to town. A Motel of this quality should have more TV options and a better WiFi arrangement + I think it would easily achieve a 4 Star + rating. A work in progress perhaps? Worth staying at in my families view.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AlbatrossNapier
biffy60, Owner at Executive on Fenton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. You will be pleased to know, I have a new Wireless system being installed tomorrow, so this should improve the signal. A new TV has been ordered for this room, there is usually two, but it was away being repaired. So now that I have fixed that, you will have to come back again.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed for 2 nights during the school holidays. Our overall experience was average,which is a shame as if they did the little things better it could have been excellent.

Our room was a good size, clean and tidy on arrival, the owner friendly.

However the little things, like missing TV remote, no coffee, wifi near impossible to connect to and when you got on extremely slow, poor service of room, our bed was not even made. I know these are small things but when there are lots of them they Start to get annoying.

our stay here was mid winter and we found the heating inadequate, the room was cold even with the one heater on full.

Also considering we had a room with spa I would expect an extra set of towels for pool use to be provided?

So would I stay here again, probably not especially considering the big choice of accommodation in Rotorua

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RobCre

Thanks too for your review. I agree with you, about the towels, but I do have extras, just no where to put 8 towels in your room. But I have them available for anyone needing more towels that has a Spa Pool. It has been extremely cold here, with most mornings being -3, but the thermal heating here is usually really toasty.
I have spoken to my Girls who help me clean and they all agree, its really hard to clean a room with a Family in it, as we are not supposed to touch a bed if it has personal items on it, and usually with families there are toys and teddies and clothes. I agree that a vacueem should be done though everyday. But hope you had a great holiday.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Comfortable bed but only one wall heater and it was COLD!

Great Spa bath to wallow in and a powerful shower-------Free breakfast and a couple of minor issues were fixed promptly so great service.
Good value

Room Tip: Down the back its quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John F
Reviewed 29 June 2014

been here before and have written a nice comment was here just last week and a few things have changed new covers for the beds and they just look amazing and the owner just mention that they have been re painting the rooms as well so was expecting to smell paint in my room but no paint smell which was good myself and my partner asked for a downstairs room with outdoor spa pool so we got room 1 which is a really nice room couldn't fault one thing we had stayed for 4 days and the service was great and very helpful plus friendly. i would definitely recommend this fabulous motel to people looking for accommodation in Rotorua

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank summernz_13
Reviewed 26 June 2014

What a great place to stay, the service was first rate, and the staff friendly and helpful they went out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed and were really helpful directing us to the best attractions and value for money. I would definitely recommend these guys to anyone looking for accommodation in Rotorua.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple