“One of the nicest indian meals I've had in ages!”
Review of Spice Lounge - CLOSED

Spice Lounge
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“One of the nicest indian meals I've had in ages!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

a fantastic little restaurant. we went on a very quiet rainy monday night and were delighted with the friendly service from our waiter and the nice atmosphere in the restaurant. we were a bit sceptical initially about what the food would taste like or what the portions would be as we had a grabone voucher for two people and in my experience that can go against you. however what we got was a delicious fresh main and naan bread each - I had the Mughalai, which I highly recommend - both generous in size and with plenty of meat and it was one of the nicest Indian meals I've had in ages!

Auckland, New Zealand
“very bad food”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

we went there on saturday 13/06. we had grab one voucher. we have ordered kadhai paneer & chiken saag wala. both dishes were disaster. we specially asked waiter what to order & he suggested. we thought it will be very nice but it was not. when he said they opened this restaurant just 1 month before that time we thought let's see what they will serve. nothing was good about food. in our voucher it was mentioned that we can get 1 dessert as well each but waiter did not asked us even. we have to asked him weather we can get our dessert or not?? we can't see even any dessert on menu!! annd waiter was asking us what would you like to have?? without knowing what you have in dessert how can we order?? we had paneer kadhai lots of times in many indian restaurants and we know the taste how it should be. definately it was not what they served to us. i hope they will make some changes in their food n people don't complain but we will never go there.

Te Aroha, New Zealand
“Great new restaurant”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Excellent food, great service and heaps of parking!! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. Thank you.

Rotorua
“Yum!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

As others have said, best indian food we have tried in a long time...really fresh tasting, not at all greasy. Delicious! Really lovely attentive and helpful service. Will definitely be back!

Rotorua, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Indian meal I have had for a long time”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

As a B&B owner operator I frequent restaurants often to check the dishes out for myself so that I can honestly recommend to the many guests that come to stay with us. Since Spice Lounge is new in town I wanted to try it out and went with my family. I must say it is one of the best Indian meal I have had, the Prawn Kolapuri was amazingly good and you can taste the freshness of the prawns though cooked in many different spices. Other members of my family loved all their dishes too and we think the naans were one of the best. The service we received from the staff and owner was excellent, not intrusive nor overwhelming. I've got to give this restaurant a 5 star for the interior decoration, modern with local Maori theme paintings and Rotorua thermal/mud pools. It has a very classy feel with fine furnishings and not over powering. I will definitely recommend my guests to dine here. Thanks for a very enjoyable evening out.
Kind regards, Vivien Cooper, B&B@The Redwoods, Rotorua