“One of my favourites”

Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Capers has a passion to provide our valued customers with food that is both good for your body, soul and for the planet. With our free-trade coffee beans and organic deli products, sustainability is at the top of our priorities. For over a decade, the Capers team have been making and serving wholesome foods and a great coffee and edgy T2 teas. Whether it's a catch up with friends, weekend brunch, business breakfasts, family outing, food on the go, or a dinner date - we have got you covered.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Fresh, ever changing food, healthy. good array. beautiful taste, staff always amazingly friendly, nice decor, can feel at ease going by self, good magazines, nice fresh water, yummy salads, know quite number of discerning locals who eat there, great soy lattes, good, quick reliable service.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This cafe has been a favourite since my first visit nearly 10 years ago. Great service, but an even more outstanding selection of counter and menu food. Lots of variety and really tasty. I look forward to coming here every time I pass through Rotorua.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Appalling service. Not only did we wait 45 mins to be served after not being advised of any wait, we were asked on three occasions if we were waiting on food - and once asked if we wanted any more coffee (paid for of course). Not one word of, "I'll find out what's happening" and when food eventually arrived, there was no simple apology or even acknowledgement of the unacceptable delay. Someone needs to manage the kitchen to advise of delays and train wait staff on customer service

4  Thank WillGnz
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a busy and popular Rotorua cafe. Every time I go here with friends or family (and this has been numerous times) I have enjoyed the food and drinks I have chosen. It is a little expensive to eat from the dinner menu, but the food is yummy, and if you are eating out for a treat go ahead and enjoy. Personally I like to chose food from the chilled cabinet which is inexpensive and the choices change regularly these are then reheated. The salads at Capers are the best in town and are a favourite lunch choice. The cakes and slices, oh they are really the best, the hardest part is trying to decide which one to choose.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great place to rest and relax after a busy day exploring Rotorua. Food options include coffee, cakes, sandwiches and salads.