“Excellent food and coffee”

Ciccio Italian Cafe
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Rotorua
Price range: US$3 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Two Generations of the family (La Famiglia) work and run the Cafe, bringing their expertise together for an unforgettable Italian encounter.Ciccio is fully Licensed with a wide range of beverages available including both New Zealand & Italian wines by the glass or bottle. In the winter months you can cosy up on the couch next to the fire....come summertime you choose, basking in the glorious sun alfresco or, escape to air conditioned comfort. Relaxed casual dining, great place to meet friends and family.Ciccio prides itself on serving authentic Italian food at affordable prices in a relaxed & casual environment that caters equally well for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, Ciccio is well known for producing magnificent Cakes & goodies so duck in for a delicious treat, or relax with a coffee, beer or glass of wine.
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Went to Ciccio for lunch, delicious food, even nicer deserts, brilliant coffee (some of the best in Rotorua by far) and great service. Couldn't really ask for much more.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The ambience here was not anything special and the service was a little slow. However, we both thoroughly enjoyed our meal in this restaurant. My partner had garlic prawns and I had a pasta dish - both were absolutely delicious. At the back of the restaurant there is a display cabinet of the home-made desserts. My partner had the tiramisu - it's a dessert that he often orders as it's his favourite. The portion was enormous and my partner loved it!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We decided on dining at Ciccio Italian Cafe after reading reviews on here (we also wanted somewhere nice to go for our wedding anniversary meal, and it had to be within walking distance of our motel so we could have a few drinks), and I have to say that we were underwhelmed with our choice. However, I think that if we had picked any of their pasta dishes then we would've had a better experience!

My husband and I both had a chicken dish, and for the $31.50 price tag we expected a lot more (and fancier) than a chicken breast with a generous serving of rocket, bacon, and a kumara rosti!

The best thing about our meal was definitely the dessert - which was the caramel fudge sundae. This was a good size for $12.50 and had the most delicious pieces of fudge throughout.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have been there twice now and both times the food has been delicious, great flavours and combinations. Pinnacolada cake amazing, and lots of other yummy choices in cakes and desserts. Reasonable price too. I am looking forward to going back again. Some very clever cake decorating on display and for sale as well.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was put onto this restaurant when I asked around for a nice middle of the road place for a good pasta dinner and a couple of glasses of vino. Well it hit the spot perfectly - I had dinner here 3 nights in a row. The food was great the service very nice. There was a sign at the front that said 'wait here to be seated' but no-one really there on to it to be honest but when I got someone's attention it was fine. After that initial bit it was great and actually really good fast service and nice people. We had a kind of fun thing going on where I ordered the tiramisu every night and they did it a different style every time and we joked around about it which was fun. FWIW the one in the tall glass was the best! Really good food and and wine and a great place. Just please - if you want to put a sign up front saying 'wait here to be seated' please make sure someone is actually there!! Otherwise - lovely!!