“Death by Tiramisu - Loved It” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ciccio Italian Cafe
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Rotorua
Price range: US$3 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Two Generations of the family (La Famiglia) work and run the Cafe, bringing their expertise together for an unforgettable Italian encounter.Ciccio is fully Licensed with a wide range of beverages available including both New Zealand & Italian wines by the glass or bottle. In the winter months you can cosy up on the couch next to the fire....come summertime you choose, basking in the glorious sun alfresco or, escape to air conditioned comfort. Relaxed casual dining, great place to meet friends and family.Ciccio prides itself on serving authentic Italian food at affordable prices in a relaxed & casual environment that caters equally well for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, Ciccio is well known for producing magnificent Cakes & goodies so duck in for a delicious treat, or relax with a coffee, beer or glass of wine.
Chelmsford
“Death by Tiramisu - Loved It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We ended up here almost by mistake. We were staying in Roturua and having checked Trip Advisor had set out to eat ealsewhere, we didn't like the look of the place and so diverted to here, arn't I glad we did.

The place could do with a visit from an interior designer and the staff could be more attentive. That said the food is first class and the desserts to die for. Value for money, most definitely.

• Visited February 2014

North Shore City, New Zealand
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Like some other reviews, I found the service was at a bit of a languid pace. That said, it's probably good for anyone on a date or having a get-together with friends. The food though, is definitely worth the wait and the staff are extremely pleasant. If I'm in Rotorua again, I'll be sure to stop by. I had the Spaghetti Ciccio, and the portions are definitely as big as the flavour.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent food and coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Went to Ciccio for lunch, delicious food, even nicer deserts, brilliant coffee (some of the best in Rotorua by far) and great service. Couldn't really ask for much more.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

The ambience here was not anything special and the service was a little slow. However, we both thoroughly enjoyed our meal in this restaurant. My partner had garlic prawns and I had a pasta dish - both were absolutely delicious. At the back of the restaurant there is a display cabinet of the home-made desserts. My partner had the tiramisu - it's a dessert that he often orders as it's his favourite. The portion was enormous and my partner loved it!

Visited February 2014
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Hmmmm - Not What We Were Expecting!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We decided on dining at Ciccio Italian Cafe after reading reviews on here (we also wanted somewhere nice to go for our wedding anniversary meal, and it had to be within walking distance of our motel so we could have a few drinks), and I have to say that we were underwhelmed with our choice. However, I think that if we had picked any of their pasta dishes then we would've had a better experience!

My husband and I both had a chicken dish, and for the $31.50 price tag we expected a lot more (and fancier) than a chicken breast with a generous serving of rocket, bacon, and a kumara rosti!

The best thing about our meal was definitely the dessert - which was the caramel fudge sundae. This was a good size for $12.50 and had the most delicious pieces of fudge throughout.

• Visited March 2014