“Amazing food!!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Rotorua
Price range: US$3 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Two Generations of the family (La Famiglia) work and run the Cafe, bringing their expertise together for an unforgettable Italian encounter.Ciccio is fully Licensed with a wide range of beverages available including both New Zealand & Italian wines by the glass or bottle. In the winter months you can cosy up on the couch next to the fire....come summertime you choose, basking in the glorious sun alfresco or, escape to air conditioned comfort. Relaxed casual dining, great place to meet friends and family.Ciccio prides itself on serving authentic Italian food at affordable prices in a relaxed & casual environment that caters equally well for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, Ciccio is well known for producing magnificent Cakes & goodies so duck in for a delicious treat, or relax with a coffee, beer or glass of wine.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Love Italian and Ciccio did not let us down! Busy night but the chef was a trooper and the food was delicious! Would recommend to everyone!!!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

A friend and I came for lunch and the food was outstanding, very generous portions of such high quality. And I couldn't leave without trying there famous cakes and I wasn't disappointed! I have a very high standard of what goes in my mouth and Ciccio cakes is some of the best cakes I've ever tasted!! Service was outstanding, will most definitely be coming back! Thank you!!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Went there for tea and cake and never had such awful heavy fatty disgusting cakes in my life. Avoid.

1  Thank Moosie57
Eatout-Restaurants, Owner at Ciccio Italian Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for leaving your review, to say we are shocked by your comment is an understatement! We remember your group well, and there were no complaints from you on completion of your tea & Cakes and what little bit of cake that was left within your group was requested to be boxed up and taken away. Should you have been that unhappy we would have liked to discussed this with you at the time.
We are well known for our cakes and our Chef who makes them has a double distinction with a speciality in Patisserie. Our cakes are made from scratch using real cream and butter and do taste very different from the average packet cakes one might be comparing them to.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We ended up here almost by mistake. We were staying in Roturua and having checked Trip Advisor had set out to eat ealsewhere, we didn't like the look of the place and so diverted to here, arn't I glad we did.

The place could do with a visit from an interior designer and the staff could be more attentive. That said the food is first class and the desserts to die for. Value for money, most definitely.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Like some other reviews, I found the service was at a bit of a languid pace. That said, it's probably good for anyone on a date or having a get-together with friends. The food though, is definitely worth the wait and the staff are extremely pleasant. If I'm in Rotorua again, I'll be sure to stop by. I had the Spaghetti Ciccio, and the portions are definitely as big as the flavour.