“Changed to Simmering Chinese Restaurant--nice food, value for money”
Review of Hoo Wah Licenced Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hoo Wah Licenced Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We were so excited that found a YUM CHA restaurant in Rotorua. My friends and I went to this restaurant at lunch time. Really nice food, BBQ pork buns, prawn dumplings, chickren feet and stuffed tofu are all you need to eat, oh, and the deep fried squid is worth to try. The service is a bit shambolic, just one girl in the front, but very friendly, and food is worth to wait. I think they just changed the owner, cause I can find the address which is 1266 Eruea St, but the name was not Hoo Wah.

1  Thank whowhowho5
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Looks like the place has changed owners. Was just up and running but we wanted chinese food and rotorua always seem to have other places packed out with tourists buses so are fully booked. One person spoke english and limited alcohol served but great food.
Had yummy BBQ pork buns for starter then the BEST EVER sweet and sour pork! Also very yummy spicy prawn dish and chicken veges. was so good went back just with my hubby again and probably go again tonight. Soooo good, mostly chinese people dining, thats how you know its great food. The chef came out too to make sure we enjoyed it! He didn't speak english but it was great to see the chef! If you share all the dishes with friends its really cheap!